Priceline Hotel: NYC Bidding help

Josabermo
By Josabermo,
in

This is my 1st time here, so help would be much appreciated! I've entered a search for 2 adults and 2 children (ages 6 and 8) for the following:

-4.5 star rating

-NYC, Central Park South

-2/18/17-2/21/17

-$167/night on Priceline Express

-amenities associated with the hotel: Pets Allowed, Business Center, Restaurant,  Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center

Can I safely guess that it's the Le Parker Meridian New York? Also, Priceline says that this is for double occupancy only. Will that mean I cannot book this room since I need to have 2 adults and 2 young children?

Thanks for your help!

Hi - I am planning a family vacation to NYC from 2/18-2/21 for 2 adults and 2 children (ages 6 and 8). We'd like a 4-5* hotel in the Central Park South area and found the following 4* HOTWIRE hotels. Could you please help me identify them. Also, you can figure out which hotels they are, which would you recommend?  Thank you!

$158 - Park Central (I think? Please help confirm)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Suite, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Kitchenette, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

$183 - Not sure

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

Welcome to Betterbidding.

PRICELINE bidding and PRICELINE EXPRESS only guarantee double occupancy. Some PRICELINE EXPRESS listings may offer options with 2 beds. The issue with NYC as well is that rooms are often small or quite small (some - even at the 3.5/4* level - as small as around 150 sq ft.) In an Orlando, using PRICELINE EXPRESS or PRICELINE for quad occupancy is not as much a problem, but in NYC, there's a definite risk of a small room (possibly not small enough to fit a rollaway) and 1 bed.

On HOTWIRE:

4* Central Park South for $137.00
Free Internet
Suite
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==>  I'll guess this is the Manhattan Club

4* Central Park South for $155.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Not certain, but the Hudson would be a guess in this case.

Is CPS the only acceptable area?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

As per above (and in the BiddingHelper.com search box once you indicate more than 2 people in the search) that you can not designate more than double occupancy for PRICELINE purchases.

While it may be worth the risk in a family friendly area (such as Orlando) where rooms are typically large and are hotels are built with a high percentage of rooms to accommodate families (since that is the majority of their clientele)... we don't recommend taking the chance in NYC for quad occupancy (maybe triple occupancy if one child is very young and you'd be willing to have them sleep on a couch, chair and ottoman pushed together that may be in the room, or on a make-shift bed on the floor with some extra sheets/blankets from housekeeping), but quad occupancy can be a bit more difficult, especially as kids get beyond the 'very young' age.

With all of the above noted, i am very familiar with NYC... if you let us know more about your plans/needs for this trip, as well as your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees), we can make some further suggestions as to properties that may work for your needs (if those already discussed above are not of interest)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the replies. CPS is not the only option but my husband suggested that area since it is close to where he needs to work while I manage the 2 kids. So it looks like Priceline is not an option this time around. I'll stick with Hotwire for this trip and report back what we secure.

How about:

4.5* Rockefeller Center for $170.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Kitchenette
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  I'll guess this may be a new amenity set for the San Carlos. For a similar price to the CPS listings mentioned above, a well-reviewed 4.5* (4.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page) with breakfast (which is a rarity at the 4* level or above in NYC).

Would this potential option be of any interest?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]