Priceline Hotel: Bidding Strategy 4* Brisbane, Australia

Atko
By Atko,
in

Hi again,

I'm familiar with HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS (thank you for your past help), however I'm a complete dummy to PRICELINE bidding.

I presently have a refundable hotel booking in this area for a total amount of $575 AUD ($420 USD). 

I am willing to bid a total amount (including taxes) of approximately $475 AUD ($347 USD).

Would appreciate any help.

For the future it would be appreciated if you made your back-up reservations thru our sister site RefundableRates.com (which makes it easy to find the best options on a refundable basis for your dates, including how much more/less you would save by staying closer/further to your ideal location OR by going up/down in star rating)

To avoid any confusion, what is your maximum bid before taxes/fees and in USD?

Also, please follow-up your previous Phoenix Downtown hotel thread with whatever you decided to do for that trip.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Zillmere zone is greyed-out meaning that it can not be bid on at this time.

At current rates I'm not so sure that $60USD will be enough for a 4* hotel for your dates, but if you want to give it a try:

There are no re-bid zones available at the 4* level in this region.  Since you have some time i would proceed as follows:

Select 4* Chermside/Northgate...

Bid $45, if rejected wait 2+ hours and once again use this link to re-access PRICELINE (and not the link in any emails you may receiving indicating that you're eligible to bid again)...

Bid $50, if rejected wait 2+ hours and once again use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Bid $55, if rejected wait 2+ hours and once again use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Bid $60

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I assume you're sticking with your back-up hotel... or are you still searching/trying?

What is the room rate per nite (before fees/taxes) and star rating of your back-up hotel?

going to keep trying.:smile:  

It's for the Springsteen shows at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre in Boondall, so anywhere in Aspley/Chermside/Northgate/Zillmere areas is where I'm trying for (within about 15 minutes driving of the Brisbane Entertainment Centre.)

My back up hotel is a 3* in Aspley which is approximately $76 USD per night.  

I would like to try to find something in the same general area, but just cheaper if I can as I'm going right around Australia/New Zealand.

Why not (using the recommended RefundableRates.com) the 3.5* Colonial Village which is offered for $72/nite and includes breakfast.  It looks more like a motel and cottages, but it does get very good reviews, and it is less than 10 minute drive from the Brisbane Entertainment Centre.

Is this closer than your current back-up hotel?

You still have some time between now and your stay - keep an eye on HOTWIRE and PRICELINE and hopefully prices will come down further between now and your stay.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]