Hotwire Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North) Encore Las Vegas

LVhotelsearcher
By LVhotelsearcher,
in

I'm looking to bid on Hotwire for 2 rooms with 5 adults and one child.  Since I declare the exact number of people staying, would they give me two rooms with double beds ? I know that people has been winning Encore in the last hour.  Just don't want to be stuck getting a room with a King bed and having to pay more at the front desk to get a double bed.  Not sure how they will guarantee the bed types given that the exact number of people have been declared.   I know some hotels will charge more at check-in if you declare only 2 people and request two beds since they will assign only a King bed for 2.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The hotel is required to provide you a room that accommodates the number of guests you included in your search, but if the room includes a pullout sofabed (which i believe the Wynn/Encore, as well as the Venetian/Palazzo do), then these can be considered to be used for sleeping accommodations.

As all of the hotels above charge more for rooms with 2 beds vs. rooms with 1 bed, i would expect the hotel to charge an additional fee if they are able to accommodate your request for a room with 2 beds.  Sometimes guests make the request and are given their room preference at no additional charge, sometimes they are offered the upgrade for an additional fee, or sometimes they may not be able to change your room at all (based upon occupancy levels, hotel policy, what is available at the time of check-in, etc, etc)

Some offers include the option to choose the room configuration prior to the purchase and if you absolutely need to know the bed type and/or total costs then you would be better suited to go with one of those options.

What are the actual dates of your trip?  What is your maximum budget? (per nite before fees/taxes)  Is the Encore the only property you're willing to accept for this stay OR are other 5* properties acceptable? (if you're flexible, what about the Strip South zone as well?)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your comment.

I went thru Hotwire and got the Encore.  Was hoping to get the Venetian since their rooms are larger but still a nice hotel.  I called Encore twice after 30 minutes of the reservation and my reservation had not gone thru to their system yet so can't find out what bed types I was assigned.

My reservation dates are 1/27-1/29 and I paid $166.  Will update on bed types as soon as I find out.  Hopefully based on Encore room setting, the sofa is not a rollout sofa bed so I should get a room with 2 beds. 

Congrats on your success.

Sorry to hear that the result wasn't what you'd hoped, but still a really nice win for this property! Hope the bed assignment will work out well.

Can you confirm the amenities (including accessible) that were showing with this listing before purchase? This information is available under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Need to report on a bad experience with Hotwire.  I got the Encore on Jan 5th and up til yesterday after numerous calls to Encore, the reservation could not be found. I was assured that Hotwire has my reservation but why would the information not transmitted to Encore within a day or so.  The customer service rep could not explain after calling the hotel so they agreed to refund and cancel my reservation. Thank goodness to calling ENcore to confirm as I wouldn't want to arrive with my family to find out that our reservation is lost between systems.   It is totally absurd and now I've to wait for the CC refund.

On 1/6/2017 at 8:17 PM, AaronJB said:

Can you confirm the amenities (including accessible) that were showing with this listing before purchase? This information is available under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account.

2x

As you had a confirmation number from HOTWIRE i would have just let things be...

While it's usually a good idea to call the hotel to confirm, in this situation i would have just let it be unless there was a major event taking place during your dates or you believe the hotel was likely to sell-out (neither of which i t believe to be the case for your dates). 

If the hotel did not have your reservation upon check-in, with your HOTWIRE confirmation inhand, they would have called hotwire on your behalf and worked everything out.  If the hotel absolutely had no rooms (which would be highly unlikely on these dates) they would have moved you to Wynn, and if that too was sold-out (again, highly unlikely), you would have had a good case to have HOTWIRE put you into the Palazzo/Venetian (or just about any other 5* hotel of your choice, within reason)

I also would not have just let them off the hook with an agreement to cancel the reservation... i would have indicated that i already had plans (shows, dinner reservations, etc) based upon winning the Encore.  I would have instructed them to work it out among themselves and to let you know when it was all settled, or allowed them to move me to 'Hotel ABC' or 'Hotel XYZ' if there was another hotel that you had preferred (ie- such as the Palazzo/Venetian)

I would NOT have necessarily 'let things go and just showed up' if i had reason to believe that much of Las Vegas was going to be sold-out during my travel dates (ie- large 100K person convention during my dates), if it wasn't a 5* hotel or one that prides itself on customer service, or if this was some other area where there were very few hotel rooms or alternate options in the immediate area... but in may respects Las Vegas is a different hotel market than most other places.

I'm sorry to hear that you cancelled your plans and now have to find alternate accommodations, but i'm fairly confident that if you had just shown up with HOTWIRE confirmation in hand  that it would have all worked out fine, as is almost always the case.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]