Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Times Square - Theatre District) Night Hotel Times Square

allancavalcante
By allancavalcante,
in

3.5-star Hotel in Times Square South area

March 20-25

need help with this hotel. 

amenities: free internet, restaurant, business, fitness, smoke free rooms. 

it's a 95% recommendation, 4/5 tripadvisor rate hotel.

It could be:

Room mate grace

The gallivant

The Belvedere

Hilton time square in

PS: there is a very similar deal $137 3.5-star Hotel in Times Square South area,  70% recommendation and 3,5/5 trip advisor hotel rate. Both is showing the last one who take the deal got gallivant hotel (IN BOTH DEALS) and i printed the announce. 

Can this be possible?

Have you yet made any decision for your Hotwire I-Drive hotel thread or is that trip still pending (or canceled)??

2 hours ago, allancavalcante said:

Both is showing the last one who take the deal got gallivant hotel (IN BOTH DEALS)

The "Last person got __" information shown by HOTWIRE is in reference to the last person who bought of that star rating in the zone, not necessarily in relation to the underlying hotel currently being offered.

If you'd like us to have a look and assist with any HOTWIRE hotels that are being offered please post the full amenity set using the method described in your previous thread:

On 12/9/2016 at 0:28 AM, thereuare said:

Also, I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases)

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

3x

Are you ready to make a purchase for this NYC trip?  Are you comfortable with a rate in the $125-$150 range?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i do not buy the i-drive hotel yet. Probably i'll buy at hotels. com 'cause i do not see a great opportunity at hotwire or priceline.

About times square hotel, if it is gallivant, the hot rate hotel hasn't a good price cause at hotels.com the price is better. So.. if is not gallivant, probably is the belvedere or Distrikt or Four points by Sheraton.. Any of then i would be very glad.

About Bidding helper, if you choose this deal and press all amenities, appears an ERROR sign.  

20 minutes ago, allancavalcante said:

Probably i'll buy at hotels. com

It would certainly be appreciated, if as requested, you booked thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com.:wink: ... which is offering this hotel FOR THE SAME PRICE

Using our various site(s) helps us keep this site running as a free resource for everyone and answer the questions you have about PRICELINE / HOTWIRE. (although i'll add that i don't think the one above is the Gallivant)

20 minutes ago, allancavalcante said:

About Bidding helper, if you choose this deal and press all amenities, appears an ERROR sign.  

Click the GREEN 'See All Amenities' first without clicking the RED Continue button (in about less than a week we should have this fixed when you can click back-forth between the two.  Regardless, if you're having an issue with any of our sites it's best to let us know so that we can take corrective action... or find out why you're experiencing the error.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The second one, the $137 3.5-star Hotel in Times Square South area,  70% recommendation and 3,5/5 trip advisor hotel rate is GALLIVANT FOR SURE, because of the room options classification and amenities. 

The other i want, 3.5-star Hotel in Times Square South area,  95% recommendation, 4/5 tripadvisor rate hotel. I don't think is the gallivant. I think it should be The belvedere. 

3 hours ago, allancavalcante said:

The announcement do not match with the hotel classification and recommendation.

I can continue to type the same explanation, but there is nothing i can do to force you to read it and/or revert your misunderstanding of the information that HOTWIRE is providing.  Once again:

20 hours ago, thereuare said:

The "Last person got __" information shown by HOTWIRE is in reference to the last person who bought of that star rating in the zone, not necessarily in relation to the underlying hotel currently being offered.

So if the HOTWIRE offer says "The last person got (Hotel XYZ)" and you make your purchase and receive something other than Hotel XYZ, then you can complain to HOTWIRE but it will not likely get you very far, since as per above, i'm trying to tell you that they're only telling you what the last person who bought a hotel of this star rating in the zone... not what the underlying hotel is. (which is consistent with your experience of seeing two different hotels, of the same star rating, showing the same "Last person got ___" information :wink:)

The HOTWIRE property in your original post is no longer offered on a current HOTWIRE search, but:

22 hours ago, allancavalcante said:

It could be:

Room mate grace

The gallivant

The Belvedere

Hilton time square in

... i don't believe it was any of these either.

If it reappears let us know and i'll give you my thoughts on the property being offered.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

i understood what you said. The hotel last person got it not the hotel in the deal for sure, cause is the last hotel in the area with this star rating someone bought. I want to know the opposite way... the gallivant don't have 90% of recommendation and is not 4/5 trip advisor rating. It could be The gallivant anyway? If is The gallivant, hotwire is telling wrong information at the announcement so i can complain to hotwire? 

The "it could be hotels" was listed at betterbiding helper tool. The winning hotels at hotwire hotel list ant better bidding website tells only about The room mate, The gallivant and The belvedere. 

Be sure im reading everything you're saying, but english is not my natural language and i can understand you wrong or write anything that you can't understand exactly. I'm really doing my best.

If you Could tell me what hotels you think it could be, i would be very glad. Thank's for your time.

We're not on the same page, so let's take a different (and more streamlined approach)...

I've very familiar with NYC, what is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip and what is your maximum budget? (per nite before taxes/fees)  Do you need occupancy for more than 2adults?  Are there any zones that you have decided you must stay in or any zones that you absolutely want to avoid?

2 people. Its our 3th time at nyc. First time we've got the Sheraton at times square, 2nd the belvedere so we love this area. My maximum budget its $140. 3 * or more 80% or more recommendation, at times square north ou south, central park south, Hells kitchen, grand central, midtown east or madson square garden.

We want a private bathroom. If there is a wi-fi included is better but is not a must have.

i can see 2 good options.

• 1 at hotwire (3.5-star Hotel in Times Square South area, 90% recommendation, 4/5 trip advisor . full amenities:Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access)
  • 1 priceline offer (3,5-star Times Square - Theatre District Area,  8+ rating, amenities: fitness and business center, only)

Maybe is the same hotel.

Hotels that meet your criteria (including the ones above).  Confirm the dates on the landing pages of any links provided below:

3.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $135
Business Center
Fitness Center
==> difficult with only two amenities, but my guess is the Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square Central or the Four Points By Sheraton Midtown - Times Square (a very outside chance it's the Distrikt Hotel, but i believe the other two are more likely)

3.5* Times Square South for $134.00 (the one 95% recommended and the 4.0 TA rating)
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Holiday Inn New York City - Times Square

3* Theater District - Midtown West for $135.00
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
==> Skyline Hotel (i don't necessarily recommend this one, but it did meet your rating/budget criteria above)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Not sure how the above meets your criteria of under $140/nite and 8+ user review rating... but if it works for you then it works for us. :smile:

Glad you got this stay settled and you're happy with the outcome.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]