Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Downtown - Wall Street) Doubletree Hotel New York City- Financial District

wardnine
By wardnine,
in

Requesting bidding strategy for 3.5* or better priced at $110 or below for 1/13/17 (one night trip). Would like to target the following NYC zones: Chelsea, DT, ESB, MTW, TS, HK. Would strongly prefer 4* in this price range (so going for 4* would be my first goal) but 3.5* is also perfectly fine. (From what I've researched initially 4* in this price range might be doable for this date???) If 4* is not reasonable for this price range will go with 3.5*, no problem. Any help is much appreciated. As always I'll use your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin my purchases...

Your budget shouldn't be an issue for a 4 star hotel, imo.

However, you listed both 'MTW' and 'HK' but these are currently only one zone on PRICELINE, so i'll edit your zone list to:

Chelsea, DT, ESB, MTW, TS

When bidding 4* in NYC you have ELEVEN re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Chelsea, DT, ESB, MTW, TS

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

If the above is rejected you can take this offer that meets your star rating, zone, and budget (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4* Downtown - Wall Street for $87
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be the Holiday Inn Manhattan Financial District

I will also add that just over your budget is this 4.5* property:

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $119
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> the Westin New York at Times Square would be my best guess for this one and gets good reviews (but not sure if its worth the extra expense to you or not based upon your plans for this nite)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Got the Doubletree Hotel in the Financial District for $73 using your PRICELINE link. Thanks! Very satisfied with the result - this hotel also doesn't charge the "resort" fee that many NYC hotels apparently do so that was also a plus. I like the location as my primary reason for going to NYC is for some events at Barclays Center that weekend so it's a shorter ride from that part of NYC anyway. On my first bid of $58, Priceline game a counteroffer of $82 which I refused. As an FYI I'd given you MTW as one of my zones but I meant MTE so I used MTE in my bidding instead. But thanks again!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see it went well and that you're happy with the outcome... sounds like this should work well for your plans this trip.

If you're looking for some eats near your hotel this is a short walk and i recommend:

Adrienne's Pizza Bar

--> it's a restaurant, not a slice shop, and you should stick with the 'grandma style' pizza with whatever toppings you'd like.  Reasonably priced for the quality of the food, but as i've posted elsewhere on the board, drinks are on the high side (although i'm sure they'll be even more expensive at Barclay's :wink:)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay and enjoy the events you're attending.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]