Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Central Park South) Jw Marriott Essex House New York

johnyo24
By johnyo24,
in

For this HOTWIRE offer:

4* Grand Central for $247.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==> my best guess would be The Iroquois New York

Around this same location you may also want to consider the following which are significantly cheaper (confirm your travel dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $165
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> likely the Club Quarters Grand Central or the Hotel Boutique At Grand Central

There is also this one which is a little more expensive, but the reviews are great (9.0+ user review rating):

4* Midtown East for $267
Pets Allowed
Free Internet
==> The Bernic Hotel would be my best guess here

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the landing page after clicking the link below.

4.5* Empire State Building Area for $230
Business Center
Restaurant
>>> A guess would be the Kitano.

Would this property be of interest? If not, please let us know more about what you are looking for (acceptable zones/desired budget and any other factors.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Sorry for conjoining the threads as I searched. Meant to put the Priceline thread over in that forum. Nonetheless, appreciate your help.

The Kitano has me a little concerned because I'm worried the unique aspects specific to Japanese culture may not be exactly what we are looking for. If it was Archer or Gansevoort it would be totally great, but doesn't seem to be.

Desired budget: Less than $250 per night before taxes

Acceptable zones: Chelsea, Empire State Building, Grand Central, Central Park South, Rockefeller Center, Union Square - East Village (basically anything midtown or higher in Manhattan)

Other: looking for a nice place with comfortable King bed

Also tried some bids last night for 5* on Priceline, but no success up to $250. Will try that again tonight before I hear back from you.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 hours ago, johnyo24 said:

Sorry for conjoining the threads as I searched. Meant to put the Priceline thread over in that forum.

We actually want the requests in the same thread.  Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

What exactly is it that has you concerned about the Kitano, as this property does get excellent reviews and they have a good reputation for a high level of service.  Ultimately it's your trip so you are the one that needs to be happy and comfortable with the hotel, so if not the Kitano, what about the others mentioned above?

At current rates if you're looking for a 5* property you'll likely need to be closer to the $300 mark, imo (unless you're also bidding Downtown where you may be able to get something in the $250-$175 range)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Appreciate the clarifications!

Main concerns on the Kitano came as I read through some reviews: beds (being extra soft) and smoke scent. My wife is pregnant so both of those things would be problematic for her having an enjoyable stay. 

Bernic seems great. The other two not quite up to what I was hoping for.  Noted on the likely $ level needed to get 5* bid accepted.

Given that it's been a few days, here's a breakdown of options currently on the table... I'm hoping to make a decision in the next few hours. Thanks again for your help...

Hotwire Easy - Chelsea, 4.5*, $252 (Innside Nomad?)

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Hotwire Easy - Union Square, 4*, $203 (???)

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

Hotwire Easy - Union Square, 4.5*, $234 (Hotel Chandler?)

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Priceline Express - Empire State Building, 4*, $200 (Marcel at Grammercy?) - 

Free Internet, No Smoking Rooms, Bed Choice available (largest is a queen)

Priceline Express - Chelsea, 4.5*, $244 (also the Innside Nomad?)

Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Best guess/comments for each:

Hotwire Easy - Chelsea, 4.5*, $252 (Innside Nomad?)

==> not 100% certain, the INSIDE New York Nomad seems likely, but i see some inconsistencies.  Doesn't seem like worth pondering over since the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer below has a higher degree of confidence in being the INSIDE Nomad and is cheaper

Hotwire Easy - Union Square, 4*, $203 (???)

==> not currently seeing this offer, i'm seeing a 4* hotel in this zone for $203/nite but it has the following amenities:

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible

... are you seeing this one or the amenities that you listed above?

Hotwire Easy - Union Square, 4.5*, $234 (Hotel Chandler?)

==> Hotel Chandler or Gansevoort Park Ave (the former slightly more likely than the latter, imo)

Priceline Express - Empire State Building, 4*, $200 (Marcel at Grammercy?) - 

==> Park South Hotel my guess here (if you were to land The Carlton i think there is an 'out' if it's not something you want)

Priceline Express - Chelsea, 4.5*, $244 (also the Innside Nomad?)

==> INNSIDE New York Nomad

Thanks for the reply!

For Hotwire Easy - Union Square, 4* for $203, I'm still seeing the same options (link: <dead link removed>) - seems like it's probably Park South?

Hope to hear back from you.

I'll make a decision shortly using your links and let you know where I netted out.

Thanks!

I'm seeing this listing this morning and the Park South would be a guess. 

This PRICELINE EXPRESS listing (please confirm your dates of travel are correct on the landing page):

4* Empire State Building Area for $200
Free Internet
>>>May also be the Park South, but for a few dollars less.

The potential InnSide Nomad would also seem appealing, given positive reviews and that it's a newer property that's less than a year old.

4.5* Chelsea Area for $244
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center

Thank you for keeping us updated with what you decide. If you have any other questions at all before booking, please let us know and we would be very happy to help.

After conferring with my wife, location became the critical factor. When I saw a 4.5* in Central Park South for $235, I decided it was time to pull the trigger. I was 99% sure that it was the Essex House based upon the discount suggested 21% (had seen Marriott had dropped the rate to $299), as well as the amenities.

Amenities:  Restaurant, Fitness, Non-Smoking Rooms, Pets Allowed

Room Choice: Queen ($235), King ($415), King with park view ($513)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Priceline Express Hotel List with the amenity set for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]