Priceline Hotel: Best areas to stay and best time to book?

DRJLV
By DRJLV,
in

Hello!

My friend and I (both early 30s) are travelling to Nashville May 17-21 next year and want to know if we should try staying directly downtown or if the Vanderbilt area is worth it as well (considering it is cheaper hotels there but will need to rely on cabs everyday). 

Also, when is a best time to start bidding? I'm thinking 3.5* and up should be good, right? Or should we do 4*? Any advice?

Thank you! 

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Niagara Falls Hotwire and Vegas Hotwire threads (post what you decided for that stay within those threads, then reply to this thread.) Closing prior threads is greatly appreciated and both keeps the board organized and helps others with information about what was decided. Thanks.

For this stay, please let us know desired budget, as that narrows down options and helps when researching what's available.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Can you please further reply to your previous Las Vegas hotel thread indicating thru which service you booked the Trump hotel (and amenities associated with the hotel if it was an 'opaque' HOTWIRE purchase), as we can then properly classify that thread in the correct section of the board.

You can start your researching using our BiddingHelper.com tool in order to get a feel for current rates thru both PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE (by clicking the tabs of each)... as well our new 'Is This A Good Price' button next to each offer (in the EASY VIEW and PRICELINE EXPRESS tabs) to see what 'regular rates' are for hotels of the same star rating with the zone.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I responded in the Vegas thread.

My question has to do with whay pricing is like in mid-May, and whether or not any areas other than downtown are of value. I also asked when a good time to bid would be. 

None of these questions can be answered by using bidding helper...

1 hour ago, DRJLV said:

My question has to do with whay pricing is like in mid-May

If you search for your dates and look  in the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW and PRICELINE EXPRESS tabs you can get a very good idea of what pricing is like for these dates.  At current rates your budget would seem to be a bit more in the 3.5* range for downtown.

You can also use our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins to see historical pricing for these dates, as well as our PRICELINE maps (filter the month and days of the week you'll be in town) to see historical pricing... but keep in mind that no matter what historical pricing may show, there could be outside influences (conferences, concerts, sporting events, etc) that make your dates above particular expensive (or a lack of events making your dates cheaper than usual previous history)

1 hour ago, DRJLV said:

and whether or not any areas other than downtown are of value

The most popular areas bid are the two that you pointed out, Downtown and Vanderbilt, but how one will work better/worse for your particular needs you would know best.  I don't have any personal experience in this area, but perhaps another user may jump in that is more knowledgeable about Nashville.

However, i do know enough that the Millennium Maxwell House Nashville is a 3.5* rated hotel that gets very mixed reviews and although is located within the Downtown zone, is not really in the center of things... would this be an acceptable outcome?

1 hour ago, DRJLV said:

I also asked when a good time to bid would be. 

Nobody can say if rates will drop between now and your trip... or if they will move even higher.  (it's all based upon supply/demand and how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected new reservations/cancellations).  We suggest starting to bid once your plans are firm, initially with lowball offers and then gradually increasing towards the upper end of your budget as you get closer to your trip.

Let us know your thoughts/comments with the information above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]