Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle - Embassy Row) Fairfax at Embassy Row

Roger75
By Roger75,
in

Looking for some helpful advice on doing a Name Your Own Bid on PRICELINE.  I usually have great luck from the info from this site and I have over a month and a half to plan.  Last used Priceline about a year and a half ago and got the Le Meridien Arlington for about $132 for two nights.  Heading to a concert in the city.  Would be preferable to stay in town, but not mandatory.

Star Rating - Minimum 3*

Washington, DC. - no real preference being in the city or in the Arlington area

Feb. 3 - 5th 

Book Rates running around $100/night on average

I'm currently booked at the Washington Hilton for about $90/night.  It's convenient to the music hall and I get Hilton/Frequent Flyer points, so don't know if savings from Priceline would be worth it.  

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!

Roger

37 minutes ago, Roger75 said:

Would be preferable to stay in town, but not mandatory.

37 minutes ago, Roger75 said:

no real preference being in the city or in the Arlington

Is there a preference to stay in 'DC proper' or not? (the above is a bit contradictory based upon how i'm reading it)

Where is the concert hall?  Is the objective only to save money vs. your current back-up OR would you be willing to spend about the same amount (or even a little more) for a better hotel? ('better' being higher rated, better reviewed, and/or closer to the music hall)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare,

My post does sound confusing.  The concert is at the U Street Music Hall which happens to be about a 20 minute (or so) walk from the Washington Hilton.  The main objective would be to see if I could save any money as I'm sure that hotel is nice enough.  The Meridien that I won last year for $132 for two nights was also for a concert weekend.  We were able to take the metro in and actually walked into the city via Georgetown, so no big deal.  

Not a hotel snob here, but like saving money.  Once I decide to try bidding, will definitely use the links provided here.

Some of what i'm seeing (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4* Dupont North for $54.00 thru HOTWIRE
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C. would be my best geuss for this one

4* Convention Center - US Capitol North for $81
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Either of the above work better/cheaper for your plans?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You could try bidding on PRICELINE for a lower price, but you would then need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at this star rating (or higher)... so you may or may not get the same hotel that is currently being offered on HOTWIRE.  HOWEVER, also keep in mind that PRICELINE and HOTWIRE each use different zone boundaries.  On PRICELINE the Fairfax Embassy row be in their Dupont Circle-Woodley Park, which goes a lot further north than HOTWIRE's zone, so if you were successful bidding on PRICELINE, the hotel could potentially be quite a bit further north.

If you did decide to bid on PRICELINE and were successful at a lower price, i'm doubtful it would be by much (as even an extra 10% would only be $5/nite) and i'm not sure it's worth the risk in this instance, depending upon how much you think the guessed Fairfax would work for your needs and/or how much some other property may not work as well.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Just keep in mind that the current offer could disappear at any time (and currently there doesn't appear to be too much else at the $5x price point)

Keep us update as to what you decide and how it goes.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a GREAT deal at this property and that it will work well for your plans this trip.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Enjoy your stay... and have fun at the concert!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]