Hotwire Hotel: 4* Empire State Building ID 12/19-12/22

YYCMom
By YYCMom,
in

Looking to stay somewhere relatively central with kids and require two beds.  I think this puts me out of Priceline.

I see a 4* in ESB for $154 Canadian + $35.35 resort fee (around US$115 + 27)

Any idea what property this could be or suggestions for other strategies/properties?

Amenities

Business centerFitness centerInternet accessPet friendlyRestaurant(s)Self-service laundrySmoke-free roomsSpa services

Also gives bed options (including 2 queens)

Thanks

Welcome to Betterbidding.

My guess for this listing would be the Affinia Shelburne or Affinia Dumont. 

PRICELINE bidding would not work for your travel plans (as with bidding in NYC, there is a very high risk of not getting more than 1 bed), but some PRICELINE EXPRESS listings do have bed choice options and one of those options may be 2 beds for some listings.

Would the potential Affinias be of interest? If not, please let us know more about what you are looking for (acceptable areas, desired budget per night and any other factors) and we would be happy to research and offer other suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you!  Affinias seem like they could work for us.  Our maximum budget would be US$180/night.  We are somewhat flexible with location - preference would be mid-Manhattan.  

The priority is two beds, followed by budget and location.  We will need to park a car - not sure how that plays into the decision, if at all.  

Is your budget $180USD or $180CAD?  Please list all prices (and room rates) on the board in USD as it makes all prices on the board consistent and not subject to interpretation based upon future currency fluctuations.

In regards to two beds being a priority.. if one of the 'beds' was a pullout sofabed, would that be acceptable?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With a budget of $180US you have a LOT of possibilities, including 2 rooms (confirm your dates on the landing page):

3.5* Lower East Side - Chinatown for $80
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be the Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side.  This one also lists a ROOM CHOICE and one of the options is a room with 2 beds ($87/nite) so while technically your reservation is only for double occupancy, i don't see there being too much of an issue given that the specific room type you have purchased has two beds and then room can accommodate quad occupancy.

3.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $94
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> at 2 rooms a little over your budget but i figured i'd list it anyway... the Holiday Inn New York City - Times Square would be my guess here

I'm also seeing this HOTWIRE offer (using the EASY VIEW tab at BiddingHelper.com in order to get the full amenity set):

3.5* Theater District - Midtown West for $136.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> my guess here would be the Distrikt hotel which gets excellent reviews.  Should my guess be wrong, you still do have a bit of a 'safety net' given the 4.5./5.0 TA rating that HOTWIRE shows for this property.  As well, if you can then find the same property in the HOTWIRE tab of BiddingHelper.com (you'll only see partial amenity set) there is a bed choice option for 2 Double Beds

Thoughts/questions on any of the above?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2 rooms won't work as the kids aren't old enough to be on their own.  Not sure about 2 doubles, which I see really limits our options in NY.  I'll look further at the pictures and see if we could get past that.  

Otherwise, all three hotels look like excellent choices in terms of price/location/reviews - thanks very much .... I would have looked only at the 4* if you hadn't mentioned them.

The majority of NYC hotel rooms with two beds in them will have doubles... as rooms are typically smaller (often significantly smaller) than elsewhere in the country and 2 queens makes an already tight space even tighter.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

I went to go ahead and book the initial property to get the queen beds and now see a tempting option for Times Square North with 2 doubles at a lower price (since no resort fees) at US$116

Amenities

Business centerChildren's activitiesFitness centerInternet accessPet friendlyRestaurant(s)Self-service laundrySmoke-free roomsSpa services

Any idea what property this could be?

(When I go to bedding helper, I do not see this property although there is one in TSN at US$128.)

I plan to book today and have narrowed it down to the original ESB hotel (Affina?) and this new one in Times Square North.

I see this listing in both the HOTWIRE tab ($111/nite) and the EASY VIEW TAB ($109/nite):

4* Times Square North for $109.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
==> as per the Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel so that would be my best guess for this one

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]