Priceline Hotel: 5* New York City (Chelsea) Eventi, a Kimpton Hotel

james1234
By james1234,
in

Last night I had tried bidding all over NYC with 4.5 and 5 stars and got as high as 230/night and didn't get offers accepted. I tried again tonight with 5 stars in Chelsea, and my first offer of $200 was accepted. Looks like i'm only saving about $50 vs. booking directly with Kimpton. We're a little disappointed because the extra $50 probably would have been worth it to guarantee a king bed.

looks like they snuck the kimpton into the 5 star category since last night. doesnt seem fair, but i guess i should have checked their own search results before i started bidding again.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but i think you may ultimately be surprised to the upside...

Reviews for this property are overwhelmingly positive and it's one of the top rated hotels in NYC.  As well, i think all rooms at this property have King beds (at least the vast majority of rooms are equipped with King beds) so i don't think it should be too much trouble getting a room with this configuration (you can call the hotel now and request a room with a King bed, perhaps they will note it on your reservation (or confirm that all rooms are King bedded))

Also, one morning i recommend this place for breakfast which is a short walk from your hotel:
Best Bagel and Coffee

225 W 35th St (between Seventh and Eighth Avenues)

==> it's mostly a take out place but you may get luck and grab one of the 3-4 tables they have or a counter seat by the window... but they have one of better bagels in the city and in this area

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Priceline Hotel List with the new star rating for this property.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]