in

original price $324 *

Hotwire price $165 per night

49% off

4-star Resort in Isla Mujeres area

1/29/17 - 2/3/17

0.0 - 4.5 mi from search center

8 out of 10 Good

Full amenities: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Resort, Beachfront hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services, Children's activities

Trip Advisor: 3.5 (1501 - 2000 reviews)

This looks like it could be the Mia Reef, but that is advertised as "all inclusive" and this only mentions breakfast. Any help will be appreciated!

$676 * original price

$194 hotwire price per night

71% off

4.5-star All-inclusive Hotel in Playa del Secreto - Playa Paraiso area

Trip advisor 4.5 (2001+ reviews)

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Resort, Beachfront hotel, Free food and drinks, A la carte dining, Free water activities, Smoke-free rooms, Free entertainment, Free activities, Children's activities, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible path of travel, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

There is another 4.5* for $328/nt, which I believe is the Valentin Imperial Maya since that one includes "premium drinks" in the amenities. It also disappears if I select 1 adult and 1 child and I know the Valentin is adults only. That leaves me stumped on the one above.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

I'm not certain of the 4* Isla Mujeres property... the Mia Reef Isla Mujeres seems like a reasonable guess, but i can't say with any degree of certainty.

The Playa del Secreto - Playa Paraiso hotel could be the El Dorado Royale, but with most all-inclusive properties offering the same/similar amenities, i'm far from certain.

What is it that you are looking for in a hotel for this trip and what is your maximum budget? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We're looking for something on a beautiful swimable beach. A room with an ocean view would be a plus. We're looking to spend under $1k for the five nights for a regular hotel and maybe up to $1500 if it's all inclusive. If we don't stay in an all inclusive then we'd like to be somewhere within walking distance of restaurants in an area like Isla Mujeres or Playa del Carmen. This is just a trip for a little down time. Found an amazing air fare and jumped on it, not looking for anything too fancy. If that one on Isla Mujeres is really the Mia Reef, that might be perfect for us. The water around it looks great and all the rooms are ocean view. Town not too far of a walk if we get sick of the food there.

Just spotted this one too, which I think is the Reef Playacar? If so, it might work for us too since we could still go into town for dinners if the all inclusive food isn't very good. Looks like the beach is quite nice at least.

$330 * original price

$152 Hotwire price

per night

54% off

3.5-star All-inclusive Hotel in Playacar area

8.0 - 10.2 mi from search center

8 out of 10 Good

Free parking, Free breakfast, Resort, Beachfront hotel, Free food and drinks, A la carte dining, Free water activities, Free entertainment, Free activities, Children's activities, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services

Trip Advisor 4.0 (2001+ reviews)

I don't have any reason to exclude the Reef Playacar from being the 3.5* HOTWIRE offer above, but again, with so many all-inclusive properties sharing the same amenities i can't say with any degree of confidence.

Maybe one of these may work for your needs (although admittedly i don't know much about the swim-ability of the beaches for any of these... and confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4* Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen for $157
Free Parking
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the Acanto Boutique Hotel

4.5* Cozumel for $225
Pets Allowed
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel would be my guess here

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and whatever you decide for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for the suggestions. After researching a little further, I'm now under the impression that the 3.5* in Playcar is actually the Allegro Playacar rather than the Reef Playacar, based on the original pricing HOTWIRE shows. I found the same hotel on Trip Advisor for $166/nt with free cancellation up to a couple days before our trip so I went ahead and booked that for now. Will continue watching HOTWIRE to see if anything better (and identifiable) comes up between now and then. The Allegro Playacar is finishing up a complete renovation so I'm hoping the hotel will be better than recent reviews indicate by the time we get there.

Note that the crossed out rate is an average price of hotels of this star rating in the zone for your dates, NOT necessarily the rate of the hotel currently being offered, so it's really meaningless and shouldn't be use in an attempt to try to figure out what hotel is being offered.

Glad to see you found something that works for your needs as a back-up reservation for the time being.  You may also be able to find something suitable (to use as a back-up) at our sister site RefundableRates.com.

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do for this trip (if you stick with your current back-up) or if you make some other plans.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]