Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City Downtown January 2017

lestofunk
By lestofunk,
in

Hi everybody, I'm planning to spend 6 days from 01/12/2017 to 01/18/2017 in New York City. My favourite area is Downtown - Financial District.

Any suggestion about the entry level price for a 4.5 or 5 stars? Is it January a good and slow period for bidding?

I already have a reservation to Holiday Inn - Financial District for $821 incl. taxes (136/nite incl. taxes) that is quite good but... I'd like to get something better...

Many Thanks

Luca

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Portland Priceline thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above post.) Closing threads is greatly appreciated, as it helps others researching their stay and keeps the board organized.

For this stay, what would be your desired budget per night? A 4.5 may be more expensive and a 5* is likely going to be more expensive than the Holiday Inn reservation.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below:

If you're happy with the Holiday Inn i would have a look at this offer:

4* Downtown - Wall Street for $85
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess here would be the Holiday Inn Manhattan Financial District (although a slight chance it's the Club Quarters Wall Street, although i think the Holiday Inn would be the more likely of the two)... would save you about $200 from your current back-up reservation

If you're looking for a bump in quality i'm seeing this property:

4.5* Downtown - Wall Street for $119
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess here would be the Gild Hall, which would be a big jump in star rating for about $5 more per nite all-in

Either of the above of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts on these offers (or how ti goes if you take either of them) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanx for your precious help. I already know this 2 offers... and I'd prefer to bid...

Reasons:

4* for $85 is really good If it'd be the Holiday Inn. Probably it's the small standard room (I have a King Deluxe now) but...  If the offer is for the Club Quarters Wall Street...  no way... I know their offers.. usually for $85 what you get. is the small queen, no view and lower floors.. claustrophobic

4.5* for $119 sounds better. Gild Hall is ok. I've been to this Hotel quite many times in the past... 

But since January should be slow I'd like to try my luck bidding a couple of times... what do you think?

Does it make sense?

Thanks a lot

Luca

Bidding for a 4.5* (or higher) only in the Downtown zone? (ie- Soho not acceptable?)

If you let us know your maximum bid we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let's back-up...

If you'd like to bid on PRICELINE, to avoid any confusion, please list the zones that you're willing to accept (by PRICELINE name) and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

However, if Downtown is your favorite zone, and the above referenced 4.5* Downtown hotel is offered for $119/nite... why would you bid higher than this amount and/or in other zones that are not as desirable to you?

Sorry if i asked too many questions, but your approach wasn't logical (and potentially result in an overbid and not in your desired location), so i was seeking additional information so we could tailor the approach to best meet your needs.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide for this trip.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]