Hotwire Hotel: Help ID ing 4.5* in River North area hotel

higheredu
By higheredu,
in

Looking at two potential hotels in Chicago for 12/23/2016 - 12/26-2016 and I'm having trouble identifying the following two properties, any help would be apprecaited!

1. River North 

$78 - 4.5* - FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services

2. River north

$78 - 4.5* FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best guess/comments for each:

1. River North 

$78 - 4.5* - FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services

==> not sure... no guess

2. River north

$78 - 4.5* FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services

==> The Godfrey Hotel Chicago would be my best guess for this one, but if you are interested in this hotel, i have a little more confidence with this listing being the Godfrey and would cost you less than $1 more on an all-in basis (confirm your dates on the landing page):

4.5* Downtown - River North for $81
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Also, you may want to also consider this offer should it work for your plans this trip (again, confirm your dates on the landing page):

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $74
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess here would be the very well reviewed Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this trip or how we can be of further help

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Sofitel for $74 would be a tremendously good deal and a very nice location. If Michigan Ave is a focus of your trip, then the Sofitel is a block or two from the core of the Michigan Ave. shopping area. I do like the River North area a great deal and did like the Godfrey (on the detail page for that listing, you can also see other bed choice options, including suites), but the potential Sofitel is really a fantastic value.

Please let me know if you have any Chicago questions (city or hotel.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

A big thanks to you both for your quick and detailed replies. The first property is still listed on hotwire, sometimes without the pools, with a TripAdvisor rating of 4.0 with 100-300 reviews. I wasn't able to match that to any known property or hotwire list.

Weighing at the uncertainty with the first property, I decided the price difference between the obscured hotwire property a direct booking with a preferred property wasn't worth the risk. I booked directly with the Omni Chicago for 101 for those dates, with the option of cancellation up to 12/22.

Thanks again for your help!

Keep us updated on any changes to your plans or how we could be of further help.

As requested, It would be appreciated if you booked your regular rate purchases thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com, as it helps us keep this site running as a free resource for everyone, and the Omni is offered at the same rate you mention above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is certainly a slower period so there's a lot more around the $100-125 level. The Omni is a very nice property, although if you are going to book regular rate, a couple of alternative suggestions:

1. Talbott: $101 on sale via PRICELINE. This is a small, cute European-style boutique property that has prided itself on service and comfort and they've been quite successful - it has remained one of the top rated hotels in Chicago on tripadvisor for many years now (this, despite a lot of new boutique competition.) I've seen it reported here maybe once or twice in the last several years, so this is not something that one would expect to get via the discount services.

2. Londonhouse Chicago $99 on sale via PRICELINE. Stylish, gorgeous new Hilton property right by the Michigan Ave bridge.

3. Swissotel: Upgraded River View $96, Upgraded Lake View $104 via PRICELINE.

4. Kinzie Hotel $100. Hotel unfortunately charges $15 fee now, but does offer breakfast and evening reception, not to mention a very nice River North location.

5. The Westin River North ($101) and the Palomar ($114) are also fantastic River North options.

Lastly, the Intercontinental is $76 regular rate. The above hotels are - I think - nicer options, but the Intercontinental is still a good property directly on Michigan Ave and $76 is awfully reasonable.

There are a number of great options around these levels in the Loop, as well, but I tried to stay around the river or North of it.

Please use the site's PRICELINE link if any of these are of interest and definitely let me know if you have any city or hotel questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]