Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (LAX - Los Angeles Airport) The Westin Los Angeles Airport

rajojomanik
By rajojomanik,
in

Hello everyone, 

I'm new to priceline and would like some advice.

i would like to book/bid for Jan 5 to Jan 11/17, is it too early to book it now?  Does the hotel prices tend to go lower as my travel dates approaches?  

I see some nice PRICELINE EXPRESS price of $85/night on 4 stars hotels but some of them don't have free wifi, that would be a deal breaker for me.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you bid on a hotel there is no way to know if the hotel you receive will offer free internet or not.  If this is a must have vs. a want, then you would need to use PRICELINE EXPRESS (or HOTWIRE) and choose a property that offers the Free Internet amenity (however, note that sometimes the Free Internet amenity may be only offered in the lobby and is paid for in-room access)

However, i would sooner suggest to look at the total price of the deal and weigh your options accordingly.  For example, this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer:

4* LAX - Los Angeles Airport for $85
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> my best guess for this property would be The Westin Los Angeles Airport

Assuming this is correct, our sister site ResortFee.com lists the internet fee at this property at $12-$13/day, so even if we add $15 to the room rate above, i don't think you will find a hotel of this star rating/quality for less than $100/nite ($85 PRICELINE rate + $15 for internet).

Given the above, is Free Internet a requirement, or does it just need to be a good deal/value when including the potential cost of internet?

Your thoughts on guessed Westin above...would this work for your plans?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm sure there are cheaper parking options nearby, as well as the longterm/economy lot at LAX if you don't need to use your vehicle for the duration of your stay.

If you need to drive your car each day, will you be coming and going throughout the day and need in/out privileges OR do you need to pick up in the morning and then return at the end of the day?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I stayed at the Westin 2 years ago but arrived via plane, so didn't pay too much attention to the parking situation.  However, a quick google search it appears that rates can be had for about $8-$12/day... but then it becomes a question of how easy it is to get to from the Westin.  Worst case scenario would you have to take the shuttle from the Westin to the airport, then the airport parking shuttle to the lot you choose... it would be worth a few dollars extra, imo, to get something that was near the Westin (or whatever hotel it is that you receive)

I will add that for my own stay at the Westin, i arrived late at nite and then rented a car the following morning.  I thought i would need to shuttle from Westin to the airport, then shuttle from airport to the car rental location... but when the shuttle driver asked me which airline i needed for departure and i explained any of them because i was actually going to catch a shuttle to the car rental place, he dropped me off en-route and i walked a block to the rental location... so always a chance that the shuttle driver will be as accommodating if the location you choose to park your car is along the hotel shuttle route.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal for this stay.  It does appear that there are quite a few parking options on the other side of W. Century Blvd, but keep in mind that most of these will not likely offer in/out privileges so you would need to pay the 24 hour rate (or whatever increments are offered) each day and not one lump sum for multiple days.

As your original plans were for 6 nites, can you please add a reply to this thread confirming which dates you booked for so we can edit the topic title accordingly and have this thread appear correctly in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and our Priceline Maps.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]