Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Empire State Building) St. Giles - the Tuscany

Rog3r
By Rog3r,
in

Hello :)

For my first post and after hours of reading, I need the expert's advise for the following:

Has anyone been able to book Grand Hyatt Hotel in NYC for a reasonable price in anytime?

What's im looking for if possible:

1 - NYC Grand Hyatt

2 - 10/12/2016 out 11/12/2016 (Unless I can get cheap price I will stay 1 or 2 more nights)

3 - Willing to pay about 200-250 night max

Thank you for the help!!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm not currently seeing the Grand Hyatt offered for your dates when searching HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS.

Is this the only property you're interested in for this trip, as i'm am seeing this offer (confirm the dates on the landing page of any links provided):

4* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $237
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> my best guess for this one would be the Club Quarters Grand Central or the Hotel Boutique At Grand Central, both of which would be very close in location to the Grand Hyatt, and is within your budget, if it's location that is most important to you for this trip

Are you able to delay arrival by a day (or stay at one hotel for the first nite and then change properties) as prices drop pretty significantly after your current dates, such as this offer for Dec 11-13:

4* Times Square - Theatre District for $157
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center

==> the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel would be my best guess for this one

or (again, for Dec 11-13):

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $148
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center

==> best guess would be the Even Hotel New York Times Square South which gets excellent reviews

I'm very familiar with NYC, so if you let us know your thoughts on the offers above and/or how flexible you are in regards to your arrival, we can advise further.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know if you go for any of the above and how it goes or how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey! Thanks for the reply :)

I am rather flexible with the dates. there seem to be a huge price difference between the dates...I am coming from Canada and our $ is very low, it adds up quickly for me :(

But for the Grand Hyatt I want to stay there for the experience and the view, but I will spare few $100s and stay somewhere else couple of more nights.

From experience, what do you suggest to me? Also, isn't it best to book last minute? Again you are the expert and I need your advise, thank you!

57 minutes ago, Rog3r said:

I am rather flexible with the dates.

So do you want to start your arrival in NYC a day later?

57 minutes ago, Rog3r said:

But for the Grand Hyatt I want to stay there for the experience and the view

Not worth it, imo, as there are likely better value(s) available for your dates, but if it's been a lifelong dream of yours to stay there, then by all means use this opportunity to do so.

58 minutes ago, Rog3r said:

I will spare few $100s and stay somewhere else couple of more nights.

Not certain what you're saying here... so do you want to book a regular rate at the Grand Hyatt for some nite(s) of your stay (please use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com if you decide to go this route) and then stay elsewhere the other nites?

1 hour ago, Rog3r said:

Also, isn't it best to book last minute?

Not necessarily.

Please confirm the points above and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are your dates confirmed? 

Thereuare noted the 11th-13th above and I'll suggest looking at those dates specifically as those dates are vastly cheaper when viewed separately vs when you look at 12/10-13. The 10th is the problem, as that particular date is extremely expensive, as it's the last weekend Saturday night of what is traditionally a very busy period.

If you need 3 nights, can you shift to 11th-14th instead of 10th-13th? If you have to be there the 10th-13th, would you be against the idea of potentially splitting your stay, if it meant a better average rate?

Yes my dates 99% confirmed.

I want to spend the saturday there. Initially was Friday-Saturday-Sunday and Monday but then changed a bit in order to get cheaper price. But I want Saturday Tho! lol

What kind of prices/hotels you find for those dates? I don't mind booking seprately....what does it involve?

Thanks!!

For 12/11-13, I'm seeing: (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the landing page after clicking the link.)

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center

>>>Likely the Even Times Square South. If this is the Even, that is one of the top rated (#12) hotels in the city on Tripadvisor.

for 12/10 I'm seeing:

4* Empire State Building Area for $318
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center

>>> This would be a possible match for the St Giles the Tuscany.

Total before tax would be $614 / 3 = 204.66 or so per night. Clearly, the first night is much busier/more expensive.

There are some other potential combinations, but that would be an example of what I'm seeing right now. Would either or both of these possibilities be of interest?

1 hour ago, Rog3r said:

Yes my dates 99% confirmed.

The bottomline is if you're plans are confirmed enough that you're willing to make a non-refundable reservation for these dates?

If you cannot get the Grand Hyatt and are going to look at other properties,to try and narrow options down are you looking for something in particular in terms of style, location, etc? 

Was the possible Even Hotel above (which really does get fantastic reviews - NYC's high rates create high expectations and for a hotel to get #12 in NYC on tripadvisor is NOT easy) for 12/11-13 above not of interest? If so, let us know a bit more about why so that we can keep that in mind if we do further research.

If grand Hyatt is not an option then we look at something else.

the dates are fixed I cannot change them. 10 dec check in 13 dec check out

even hotel sounds good specially for the price.

i don't have anything in specifics, I always wanted to stay at grand Hyatt, but if it's not possible then we forget it.

something like even should be good. 

1 hour ago, AaronJB said:

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center

>>>Likely the Even Times Square South. If this is the Even, that is one of the top rated (#12) hotels in the city on Tripadvisor.

for 12/10 I'm seeing:

Pets Allowed
Fitness Center

>>> This would be a possible match for the St Giles the Tuscany.

So how about the two offers above?  Both are very well reviewed, good values for this time of year, and within your budget.

When i click this 4.5* MSG hotel for $148 i see the dates of Dec 11-13

For this 4* ESB hotel for $318 i see the nite of Dec 10.

Are you seeing different dates?  What are the dates that you're seeing?

It is above your budget but your budget per night is $250 or less. When you look at the first two nights at $148 and that night at $318, the average for the three nights is $204 and change.

9 hours ago, Rog3r said:

But I want Saturday

Then you'll have to pay up for it... historically it's one of the most expensive weekends of the holiday season.

While Saturday may be over your budget, the other two nites are below your budget, and the average is within your budget.  While nobody can say what will happen to prices between now and your trip, you're not likely going to see rates for Saturday anywhere near what you're seeing for Sunday/Monday. 

As already noted above, the properties above get excellent reviews, and given how close you are to check-in, there is an increased chance that the longer you wait these offers could easily disappear, leaving you with options that are not as well reviewed or not as good of a value.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip.

Ok got it.

same hotel fo Saturday? Different reservation?

I still see the link but Saturday not included.

as mentionned in my first reply, if I stay 3 days I would have to lower my budget per night hence the reason I find it Pricy.

so for Saturday, what hotel, where?

Let's back-up...

The gameplan, as discussed above, is that you would be making two separate reservations:

Reservation #1: one nite stay for 12/10

Reservation #2: two nite stay for 12/11-12/13 at a different hotel than Reservation #1

If this is no longer an acceptable scenario let us know.

If the above is an acceptable scenario, what is your maximum average budget per nite (before fees/taxes) in USD

Seeing:

After clicking on the links below, please confirm that the correct date/s of travel are showing on the landing page.

12/10-11:

4* Chelsea Area for $255
Free Internet
Fitness Center

>>>Possible The Gem Hotel

4.5* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $299
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

>>>Likely OneUN (this property is at the very far E border of the zone and is a bit out of the way.)

Pets Allowed
Fitness Center

>>>Likely St Giles the Tuscany

12/11-13

4* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $107
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center

>>>Likely Wyndham New Yorker

4* Empire State Building Area for $119
Restaurant

>>>Likely Marcel at Gramercy

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center

>>>Likely the Even Hotel Times Square South.

4.5* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $158
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

>>>Likely OneUN (again, this is not a central location at the East edge of the zone.)

Please let us know if you have any questions before booking and let us know more about what you are looking for in terms of exact budget/any other variables. Thanks.

Hi Roger,

Just adding my two cents. I've stayed at The Grand Hyatt a number of times, I love the location and its proximity to Grand Central Terminal. That said, I would scoop up in a heartbeat the hotel that appears to be The Even. While I've never stayed there, it's a great price for a very highly rated hotel. As a value seeker, I like to get the most bang for my buck, and I think the Even is it in this case.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]