Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Times Square - Theatre District) Intercontinental New York Times Square

lilrock023
By lilrock023,
in

Looking for your input as to the identity of a couple listings I'm watching:

4-star Times Square south area
$325/night - 45% recommended
FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility
 - Millennium Broadway?

4-star Times Square north area
$349/night - 80% recommended
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Wheelchair accessible
 - Dream Midtown?

4-star Times Square South area
$380/night - 95% recommended
FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services
 - The Muse?

...and a curveball...

4-star New To Hotwire Hotel in Times Square North area
$251/night - 35% recommended
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks in advance!

For the 1st and 3rd properties... would you really be willing to stay at a hotel where less than half of the guests would recommend the property? (and these guests are staying at a discounted rates, so their expectations and demands are likely already less than the average guest)

I'm very familiar with NYC and for these dates am seeing other 4* hotels in these zones that are cheaper and better reviewed, as well as higher rated hotels for about the same price (when searching for the default 1room/2adults/0children)... what is it that you're looking for in terms of a hotel for this and what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is TS the only area of interest?

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link)

4* Empire State Building Area for $241
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>>Would be a possible match for the Marriott Vacation Club Pulse. On the detail page, there is a bed choice option for $303 w/2 beds.city view. So, the ability to pick specifically two beds (and view is a bonus.)

On HOTWIRE:

4* Times Square North for $332.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Wheelchair Accessible
==>  A guess would be the Time Hotel.

Would either of these potential options be of interest? This is prime time and rates are expensive, but I will note other areas of Midtown are going to be at least slightly cheaper than Times Square.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

If you're willing to venture outside of Times Square i'd also suggest:

4.5* Chelsea for $327.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> the very highly rated Innside New York Nomad

4* Union Square - Flatiron for $338.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==> Park South Hotel would be my guess here

4* Rockefeller Center for $345.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==> my guess for this one would be the Fifty NYC-an Affinia hotel

Any of the above work for your needs?

Let us know what you decide for this trip and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

WIN Update:  After considering PRICELINE EXPRESS deals, I was able to find what I was somewhat looking for through them.

Dates: 12/02 - 12/05

4.5 Express Deal Hotel
Times Square - Theater District Area
Very Good 8+/10 Rating
$354/night

Hotel Amenities:
 Pets Allowed
 Business Center
 Restaurant
 Fitness Center
 No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Choose Bed:
Superior Room
2 Double Beds - Superior Room
1 King Bed
1 King Bed - Corner Room
1 King Bed - Studio

And the winner was:
Intercontinental New York Times Square

...okay, I'll be completely honest in that the absolute deciding factor was the Shake Shack is literally feet away right next door. (It could be listed as an official amenity, as far as I'm concerned lol)

Not one to make things easy on myself, I believe I mistakenly misbooked and didn't specify the option for 2 double beds, as the receipts state I have booked "Superior Room".  Do I have any recourse to get that changed? Or is that literally the bed I've made, and now I have to lie in it?

Congrats on your success! 

Quite a nice deal for what is really one of the busiest periods of the year in NYC! Glad the hotel will work well location wise. 

If you did not select the bed choice that you wanted, I would contact the hotel about the situation and see what they say. If they cannot do anything (they very well may not be able to do anything beyond note a request), then I would contact PRICELINE.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]