Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Pittsburgh (Downtown Pittsburgh) Pittsburgh Marriott City Center

goheels1
By goheels1,
in

This will be my first time bidding on Priceline and would like to have a general idea of how to go about things. Ive seen successful bids with low prices and high rated hotels so I figured Id ask for help.

3.5* and up (or 3* and up. Care mostly about location)

Pittsburgh, PA. Zones: Downtown Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh Southside

12/2/16-12/5/16

$100 max

Doesnt matter. Parking would be cool but not a must need.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I don't think that $100 is going to be enough for your dates above, as among other things, there is a Steelers home game this weekend.

What is the best rate you're able to find for these dates thru conventional booking channels? (try our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com, filtering to hotels that are 3* and higher and then zooming in on the map for the area you're hoping to stay)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah I figured that was ambitious. I'm actually going to be in Pittsburgh for that game so there for those dates. I dropped the ball not booking early but then I found this site so I thought there might be hope after all.

Using the site you provided the cheapest I found in the desired zones was aroun 225-270. I even went down to 2.5* and the cheapest was 160 in a nearby zone.

Obviously I want to save some money but Im also willing to raise what im willing to spend. What would be the best course of action moving foward?

Thanks for the feedback.

Some options/suggestions: (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

Comfort Inn and Suites Pittsburgh is a little out of the zones you requested above, but not too far, and at a refundable rate of $138/nite would make for a good back-up reservation why you try to use PRICELINE/ HOTWIRE for a better deal (naturally, confirm the terms during check-out and know when you need to cancel by).  You can try to see other refundable options using our sister site RefundableRates.com, but i think this at least assures you of a roof over your head and takes away some of the 'panic' that you need to book a room asap.

There is this HOTWIRE offer:

2.5* Pittsburgh Southside for $123.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Handicapped Parking
==> my best guess would be the Quality Inn University Center should this work better location-wise for your needs

You could try bidding on PRICELINE, but you'll then need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone(s) that you include in your bidding, which may or may not be something you're willing to do if you need to drop significantly in star rating from your original target.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed (or if you take the HOTWIRE offer above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 8 months later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision... you should still be able to see the price paid by using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of the PRICELINE home page.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]