Priceline Hotel: Help Please: 3-4* Chicago, Jan 1/17 - Jan 4/17

lynn24
By lynn24,
in

I've never been to Chicago before and am not sure what zones to bid for... I saw a 3.5* Express Deal for River North for $49USD... Wondering if I should go with that or colorectal bidding in other areas?  Looking for:

- 3* or 4* (3* preferred if the price/value is really good... Eg. Above)

- Zones in Chicago that are easily accessible for a first-timer

- Sun Jan 1/17 to Wed Jan 4/17

- max $80 USD, but hoping much less

I've been using the PRICELINE link... Thanks!

Confirm your dates on the landing page of any links below, but my best guess/comments:

3.5* Downtown - River North for $49
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> Courtyard By Marriott Chicago Downtown/River North (AaronJB would be able to comment better, but looks like a good location 2 blocks from Michigan Ave as well as 2 blocks from the Red Line)

4.5* Downtown - River North for $73
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center

==> The Godfrey Hotel Chicago which is not as centrally located (about 5 blocks from Michigan Ave... still do-able, although would be more fun in the Spring/Summer vs. January) but gets good reviews and a jump in star rating while still being within your budget)

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $81
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

==> Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile which is $1 over your indicated budget, but well located and gets terrific reviews, so you have to decide how much the additional cost is worth the jump in star rating vs. the original 3* asked about above

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the feedback so far.  Oh my gosh, I see a really strange auto-correct in my original post... not sure what I was originally trying to saying, but trying to weigh my options with bidding vs. using Priceline Express.  I'm not sure which zones are more public-transit accessible?  Is River North decently accessible?  I don't plan to bring a car in, so I would be relying on public transit.

Also, this may also be more AaronJB's territory, but if there are any tips for someone who hasn't been to Chicago before, that'd be appreciated!

Will continue using links.

Let me take a look at what's available and I would be happy to offer my thoughts on compelling options, plus I'd be more than happy to offer suggestions on Chicago (and answer any questions.)

Additionally, please let me know any likes/dislikes and I'd be happy to make recommendations more tailored towards what you are looking for.

Will post a list shortly.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the landing page after clicking on the links below.)

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $81
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

>>> Hyatt Mag Mile (on St Clair.) This is a very fine option in the middle of Winter, given that it is a block off Michigan Ave and not that far from the Chicago Red Line station. There is a Corner Bakery across the street (a cheaper room service alternative) and it's not that far from restaurants in River North.

3.5* Downtown - River North for $49
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

>>> Likely the Courtyard River North. Great location in River North, easy to get to the subway, lots of restaurants nearby. This is not a 4* and doesn't have tons of amenities, but it's a nice Courtyard. If you are looking for a cheap place to sleep in a good location this is a fine option.

4* Downtown - River North for $67
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

>>>Potentially the Hotel Chicago. Near the Courtyard above and nice 4* property next to the House of Blues.

4.5* Downtown - River North for $73
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center

>>> Likely the Godfrey. I've stayed at this property and quite liked it. The only note is that there is a bar with a retractable roof on the 4th floor and that is a noise issue for nearby, but perhaps not quite as much in January. I'll note that this listing does have a bed choice option and one of those choices is a suite for $93. The suites here are not giant, but they are very nice, with a living room area, large bathroom/bedroom.

4.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $106
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

>>>Possible Monaco or LondonHouse: Curio Collection. Either of those options would be very nice. This area would be central when you look at the city as a whole. The Michigan Ave area is just over the bridge, while the Art Institute and Millennium Park are a bit of a walk South.

Please let us know if you have any questions at all before booking.

The issue that I have with bidding when it's the low season like this is that I don't think you're going to save significantly by bidding vs Express and when there are the solid choices that there are around or under $100, I'd perhaps consider a PRICELINE EXPRESS option that looks appealing rather than save a bit by bidding and potentially get something that I don't find as appealing.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for closing the thread. We look forward to helping you with Chicago travel planning in the future.

I'll also note that Door County (about 3.5 hours away from Chicago, http://www.doorcounty.com/experience/) is a gorgeous short trip North of Chicago during the Spring, Summer and especially the Fall, with gorgeous Fall colors.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]