Priceline Hotel: 4 or 5 five star hotel chelsea or rock feller

driesteves
By driesteves,
in

Hello,

i´m trying bidding a hotel in priceline and hotwire. 

240 dolars and 245 dolars, but i did´t win. 

In priceline:

4-Star Express Deal Hotel

chelsea

246 includes free internet

In hotwire

4-star Boutique Hotel in Chelsea area

Sat, Dec 03 - Mon, Dec 05  1 Room, 1 Adult

85% recommended (164) Great!

254$

Amenities

Boutique hotelBusiness centerFitness centerPet friendlyRestaurant(s)Self-service laundry

4.5-star Hotel in Chelsea area

Sat, Dec 03 - Mon, Dec 05  1 Room, 1 Adult

95% recommended (138) Amazing!

265$

Amenities

Airport shuttleBusiness centerFitness centerPet friendlyRestaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

what you suggest? may I wait ? or this is the rate for december weekend?

I´m thinking that it´s too expensive, comparing with another dates. 

thanks. I´m from Brazil and it will be my first trip to NY.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your trip, but you're coming to New York during peak season, and seasonally one of the busiest weekends of the year... the prices above are within expectations.  If you were to travel 2+ weeks later, or in Jan/Feb you would see rates substantially cheaper.

Here are some thoughts/suggestions which i think would work well for the average tourist/visitor.  Please be sure to confirm your dates of travel on the landing page of any links that are provided:

4* Empire State Building Area for $214
Restaurant
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> Arlo Nomad... i'm not very familiar with this property, but the location is right near the Empire State Building with lots of subway access nearby, so would be a good location, and the price is less than you have already bid.

4* Chelsea Area for $246
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

==> Hotel Indigo which has a similar location to the one above and would provide easy access to other areas of the city, and the hotel gets good reviews

On HOTWIRE...

5* SoHo - Tribeca for $246.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess is the 11 Howard.  Not the most convenient for the average visitor, but thought i'd mention since it's a 5* hotel, gets good reviews, and is around the same price point as those above

4* Midtown East for $245.00
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> not 100% certain, but i suspect this may be the Fitzpatrick Grand Central which, if correct, has a good location near Grand Central and would be walk-able to things like the Rockefeller Christmas Tree and shops along Fifth Ave.  Should my guess be wrong and it's a different property, you still have a 'safety net' in that this HOTWIRE offer shows a 4.5/5.0 TA rating, so no matter what it should prove to be a very nice property and offer a very good experience

Do any of the above work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts/questions, or how it goes if you take one of the above, and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello, thanks for the reply

I did´t know about the weekend. I think the chelsea area and midtown east could be a good area, but i don´t know the empire state area. 

Indigo and Fitzpatrick could be a great choice. I have already reserve Hampton Inn Chelsea, about 250$ per night, with a good review, but the hotel is 3 stars.

Thanks!!!! I will see and come back here. And sorry my english!

If you do like the above offers, keep in mind they can change (and disappear) at any time.

I'm very familiar with NYC should you have any questions in helping you make a decision.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i´m looking again, before my trip comes.

I saw in Priceline a hotel 4.5 stars, with this amenities:

4.5-Star PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal Hotel 

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

$268 per night.

Do you think it can be the Innside Nomad?

I prefer stay in Chelsea Area. thanks very much

For this offer (confirm your dates on the landing page):

4.5* Chelsea Area for $268
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

==> best guess would be the INNSIDE New York Nomad

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]