Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New Orleans (French Quarter - Bourbon Street) Royal Sonesta New Orleans

RaulZ
By RaulZ,
in

Could you please help ID. In addition, i would be open to hear about other hotels in the area that have already been ID, and that could be an alternative to me. I would prefer something in walking distance to french quarter area. Thank you in advance. 

Dates: 11/30/2016 - 12/02/2016

Price : $81 per night 

Recommended: 85%

Guest : 2 Adults

Rooms: 1

Hotel details

Amenities

Business center Fitness center Internet access Pet friendly Pool(s)Restaurant(s) Smoke-free rooms

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired Accessible for hearing impaired

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

If you follow the above steps and then see:

Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

>>> This would be a possible match for the Sheraton.

I'm seeing what is likely the Sheraton for the same price on PRICELINE EXPRESS

4* French Quarter - Canal Street for $80 (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the landing page after clicking the link.)
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>>Possible match for the Sheraton.

The other options on HOTWIRE at the 4* level in French Quarter for these dates are so much more expensive ($175, $219) that I'd really take the potential Sheraton as many people who look at these dates are going to see a 4* for $80 and others for around $200 and grab the $80.

Would the Sheraton be of interest? If not, let us know more about what you are looking for (budget, star rating, any other factors.)

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

I'm open to spending $150 not including taxes, for at least a 4 star and up.  I prefer walking distance to french quarter, bourbon, and its surrounding attractions. I would prefer to stay off of bourbon to avoid the night noise. 

The amenity set above is the same that AaronJB posted in his original reply to this thread, so the guess would remain the Sheraton (although it would be cheaper to book thru the PRICELINE EXPRESS link he provided)

31 minutes ago, RaulZ said:

I prefer walking distance to french quarter, bourbon, and its surrounding attractions. I would prefer to stay off of bourbon to avoid the night noise. 

So why not the Sheraton, as it seems to fit the bill... just outside of the Quarter to avoid the noise, an easy walk to Bourbon at the start of the Quarter, as well as convenient to everything between Bourbon St and the river; not to mention well within your budget.

What is it that you're looking for that the Sheraton doesn't offer?

I do see this

4* Convention Center and Warehouse - Arts District (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $133
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> my guess here would be The Old No. 77 Hotel which gets good reviews, but it's a longer walk to The Quarter and i'm not sure if worth $50+ per nite, but i mention in case it works for your needs

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

it appears that i may have missed my opportunity for the above. The new listing i'm currently looking at is 

4.5 star Boutique Hotel in French Quarter - Bourbon Street Area

95% recommended 

Dates : 11/30/2016 - 12/2/2016

Price: $119 per night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

Sorry for the delay. Could you please help ID this one. 

A guess would be that the Royal Sonesta has been upgraded since last reported.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thank You all once again! 

I booked through your link, HOTWIRE, and got the Royal Sonesta New orleans. 

4.5 star Boutique Hotel in French Quarter - Bourbon Street Area

95% recommended 

Dates : 11/30/2016 - 12/2/2016

Price: $119 per night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel guessed and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new star rating and amenity set for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am looking for a hotel Dec 9-12, on Hotwire I am basically seeing the same amenities as above for a 4.5 star in French quarter for $153 per night. My wife really wants to stay at Royal soonest a so my question would be is there any chance that if booked we would get a hotel other than that one? If so what are the possibilities? Thanks for the help!!

Macdad3996,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For help with your trip please start a NEW TOPIC and include the dates of your stay, the full amenity set associated with the property, and the room rate per nite... and we will assist you there in your newly created thread.

This helps keep the board better organized, and we can then use the topic title of your own thread to reflect what you decide to do for your own trip, just as we have done for the OP of this thread.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]