Hotwire Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown - Superdome) Hilton St. Charles Avenue

haygar2389
By haygar2389,
in

Looking at both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS it looks like they both offer the Intercontinental for Downtown 4 star both show the same basic info

4* Downtown Superdome $85 per night hotwire 90 priceline

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

My question is do you know if price line also offers that hotel when you name your own price. I would like to get that hotel but would like to bid to save a few bucks. What are your thoughts

Thanks.

When bidding on PRICELINE there is no way to know, target, or avoid a specific hotel... you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid.

Assuming the hotels you are currently seeing are indeed the InterContinental, and this is a hotel that you would want, how much would you need to save over the $85/$90 prices to take the risk that you receive a different property? (or is this the hotel you're really hoping for and it's worth $85/$90 to have the ability to try to target it)

What are the dates of your stay?  Are your plans firm and you're ready to commit to a purchase for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dates are 12/16 to the 19th  it will be firm when I book the airfare tonight it keeps going up when I am waiting for it to go down:)  If I don't get the Intercontinental it looks like it might be the Westin which is ok too. Just hoping to get it for the 70 to 75 price range.   

Thanks for keeping us updated when you are confirmed and ready to book. The concern that I have is that if you are seeing a particular hotel on HOTWIRE for $85 and are waiting out the possibility of $75, it could easily go the other direction and suddenly be $100. Rates can go up suddenly and/or the listing that looked like a potentially appealing hotel on HOTWIRE can be replaced with something that's not of as much interest.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

There's no guarantee that the same property will be won via bidding and no way to increase the odds of getting a particular hotel. When you bid, you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating chosen. It becomes are you willing to risk getting something else if it means paying slightly less?

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Careful making the assumption that the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS will be the same.  I will research further once you're dates are confirmed (and knowing if you decide if you want to fist try bidding or going with a property that you have a guess as to what you may receive), but:

For this HOTWIRE 4* Downtown - Superdome for $86.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> my guess would be the Intercontinental New Orleans

but for this

4* Downtown New Orleans (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $89
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> my guess would be the Le Meridien New Orleans

Let us know once your plans are firm and let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry to hear that you wound up with the hotel that you were trying to avoid, but hopefully it will exceed expectations and glad you got a good price.

Can you confirm if you won this via PRICELINE bidding, PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE? If the latter two, can you confirm the amenities that were showing before purchase? Thank you. Also, can you confirm the price per night before taxes/fees? 

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]