Hotwire Hotel: 5* Atlanta (Buckhead) Intercontinental Buckhead Atlanta

UNCSoc
By UNCSoc,
in

Trying to pick from these hotels on HOTWIRE.

Wondering if anyone has a good guess as to the names of these hotels in the Buckhead North Atlanta area in Hotwire. (This is for tomorrow night through Saturday.) 

$161 for 4 star in Buckhead area

95 percent recommended

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Business centerFitness centerGolf nearbyPet friendlyPool(s)Restaurant(s)

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired

$111 for 3 star in Buckhead area

95 percent recommended

Complimentary

Free breakfastFree InternetFree parking

Amenities

Business centerFitness centerPool(s)Self-service laundrySmoke-free rooms

Choose your bed type

Hotel chooses bed type

Details 

$111  per night

Book now

1 king bed

Details 

$111  per night

$191 for 5 star in Buckhead area. 

90 percent recommended

Amenities

Business center

Children's activities

Internet access

Pet friendly

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Self-service laundry

Smoke-free rooms

Spa services

$133 for 3 star all suites in Buckhead area

95 percent recommended

Complimentary

Free breakfast

Free Internet

Free parking

Amenities

Boutique hotel

Fitness center

Golf nearby

Pet friendly

Smoke-free rooms

Thanks for any advice or guesses. 

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Fort Lauderdale Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a  look at the above listing.) Closing the threads is greatly appreciated as it helps others researching and keeps he board organized. 

In terms of this stay, are you looking for something specific? Are you looking for more reasonably priced value a 3* where you get breakfast and other such amenities or a 5* with more luxury amenities but not things like breakfast? Let us know more about what you are looking for and we would be happy to research and offer our thoughts.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks. I reported on that stay, and it is fine to close it. ( I didn't see how to do that, but will check again.)

I am actually more interested in location than anything else. Other than that, I would just go with the highest rated hotel (factoring in the reviewers ratings, which I find are a big help) for the best value. 

If that 5 star is the Intercontinental in Buckhead, I would be very interested in that. 

Thanks. 

--David

Please reply to the follow-up question in the prior Fort Lauderdale thread linked above. Thanks.

Some of what I'm seeing in Buckhead for 10/27-29:

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the landing page after clicking the link below.)

3* Buckhead Area for $117
Business Center
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>> Guess would be the Wingate by Wyndham Buckhead. If the Wingate, highly rated on Tripadvisor, Yelp and PRICELINE

HOTWIRE:

5* $186 Restaurant, Pool, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Childrens Activities, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

>>> Guess would be the Intercontinental

3* $132 Boutique, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Golf, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Pet Friendly

>>> Guess would be the Hyatt Place.

4* $204 Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Likely Grand Hyatt.

With HOTWIRE, please use BiddingHelper.com to see the full list of amenities. Search for your dates, then click "Hotwire Easy View", then "Full Amenities" next to the listing in question to see the full list.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

You were exactly right. I booked on Hotwire the Intercontinental hotel in Buckhead for 176 plus 53 tax/fees. What? 53 dollars in taxes/fees? I didn't notice that before I booked, but will pay more attention to that number next time. That is 30 percent of the cost in taxes and fees! Highway robbery as it were. What we have to watch for in the future is a strategy by hotwire and priceline that shifts some of the overall cost into the "fees" line in order to entice people to their site and then hope they will book without looking at the ridiculous fees involved. (If it is mostly Atlanta tax -- sorry Hotwire, you aren't to blame for that.)

Bottom line...the hotel is perfect and the price was right--at least before taxes and fees. 

Thanks for your help on this one. 

Congratulations on your success... glad to see you received the hotel guessed and the one that you were hoping for.

Not sure if you ultimately booked for one nite or two, but hotel tax in this area is about 16% (and remember this percentage is typically paid on a higher room rate if booking direct) and then HOTWIRE charges a booking fee based upon the room rate per nite and the length of stay (the more nites booked the lower the fee per nite becomes)... while nobody likes paying additional fees, the rates PRICELINE and HOTWIRE offer are typically deeply discounted and even with their fees it's cheaper than you can usually get anywhere else; sometimes it costs money to save money.:wink:

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]