Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Midtown East) San Carlos Hotel New York

AprilVA
By AprilVA,
in

Looking to travel with my husband and am new to the whole Priceline bidding.  We are willing to spend around $300/night and would like to stay in the Midtown East, Central Park South, or Rock Center/Bryant park locations.  We stayed at the Waldorf in the past and would LOVE to do so again (or somewhere just as fun).  Thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

In the zones above (and the star rating you mention you're seeking) i'm seeing the following, followed by my best guess for each (confirm your dates on the landing pages):

4.5* Midtown East for $300
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> Hotel 48LEX New York

4.5* Empire State Building Area for $302
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center

==> not in one of the zones you mentioned above but i listed anyway in case there is any interest... my guess here would be the Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC

Are either of the above of interest OR would you like to try bidding on PRICELINE?  If bidding, please indicate if you're wiling to pay more for a 5* vs. a 4.5* OR if your goal is the least expensive 4.5* or better, and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4.5* in NYC you have SEVENTEEN re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4.5* MTE and CPS

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $253, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $255, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4.5* MTE and Rockefeller Center

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $253, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $255, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4.5* MTE, CPS, Rockefeller Center

Bid $258, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $260, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $263, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $265, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $268, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $270, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $273, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $275, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $278, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $280, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $283, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $285, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $288, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $290, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $293, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $295, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $298, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $300

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones with the board as i assume you're new to the subject)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us now how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

These dates are within the busy first half of the month, so I'd still keep trying to lock in something.

A couple of PRICELINE EXPRESS listings (please confirm that the correct date/s of travel are showing on the detail page for the listing after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Empire State Building Area for $304
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center

>>>Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC. While the location is not exactly what you were looking for, certainly a slick, well-reviewed property.

4.5* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $272
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

>>>Uncertain, but the Even Hotel Midtown East would be a possibility.

There's also:

4.5* Midtown East for $367
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Fitness Center

>>>Likely San Carlos. While over budget, breakfast included is certainly a rare added value at the 4+ level in NYC.

Otherwise, I'd either continue a bit higher or wait and start over/try again. However, in terms of waiting, this is a busy period so you do risk prices going higher between now and your stay.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

I'm very familiar with NYC.. what exactly is it that you're looking for in a hotel?

I want to be "in the thick of things," while getting a great experience/ambiance at our hotel.  We stayed at the Waldorf in years past and I guess I am looking for that (although I know for our price, some sacrifices will need to be made).  We want to be able to walk to shopping on 5th Ave, see the christmas lights/tree at RFC, etc.  We will plan on getting out into the more quaint areas for meals.  Last year we stayed in Soho and I felt a little too "removed" from it all.  I do not, however, care to be in the middle of TImes Square.  

Does that help??  Does that even make sense?  :)

On 10/19/2016 at 8:06 PM, thereuare said:

4.5* Midtown East for $300
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Fitness Center

==> Hotel 48LEX New York

What was wrong with this offer, as it was at the star rating and zone that you were bidding, and seemed to meet all of your points above.

A few dollars more expensive but also seems to meet all of your touch-points:

4.5* Midtown East (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the provided link) for $317
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Fitness Center

==> best guess would be the San Carlos Hotel New York

If you can't go over $300 how about (again, confirm your dates on the landing page):

4* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $268
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center

==> the Hotel Boutique At Grand Central or the Club Quarters Grand Central would be my best guess here

Any of the above work for your needs?

I tried to do the Hotel 48Lex deal, but it was no longer available. 

I just pricelined (and got a little distracted at work so I bid $315 out of the gate) and got 4.5* MTE, for $315/night--> San Carlos Hotel

Free Breakfast

Free Internet (in Room)

Gym

Restaurant

Handicap Accessible

Business Center

Thanks for all of your help!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got this resolved and are hopefully pleased with the outcome... looks like it meets all of your criteria above.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]