Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Downtown Chicago - River North) The Godfrey Hotel Chicago

huynhct
By huynhct,
in

Hi there,

I'm looking to book a room in downtown Chicago, IL (magnificent mile or river north, but interested in downtown where things are happening) from November 9 - 13.  I'm currently looking at two 4.5 star hotels in the area and would appreciate some help identifying them.  I'd also welcome any recommendations on 4-4.5 star hotels with double double rooms or double queen rooms  in the downtown area. Through Hotwire:

Option 1:
4.5star
Magnificent Mile - Water Tower
Nov 9-13
$150 per night

AMENITIES:
Business Center
Children's Activities
Fitness Center
Golf Nearby
Internet Access
Pet friendly
Restaurant(s)
Smoke-free rooms
Spa Services

Option 2:
4.5star
Downtown Chicago - River North 
Nov 9-13
$130 per night  ($157 with two queen bed option)

AMENITIES:
Boutique Hotel
Fitness center
Restaurant(s)
Smoke-free rooms
Spa services

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for your dates:

4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $150.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess for this one would be the Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago

4.5* Downtown Chicago - River North for $131.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==> as per the Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for The Godfrey Hotel Chicago so that would be my best guess for this one

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm very familiar with the area and I guess I have the perspective that when I go to Chicago, it's not about going to Michigan Ave (which I think is nice to walk down, but ultimately a lot of what you find there you can find elsewhere cheaper), it's about going to the Zoo or going to a museum or going to try new restaurants in River North or wandering around Lincoln Park or other activities. So, for me, the Godfrey - which is an easy walk to many River North restaurants and nightlife, not to mention not that far from the Chicago Red Line stop - would be the easy choice out of the two. My only issue with the Godfrey is that I've recommended to go for higher floors due to the bar with a retractable roof on the 4th floor, but in November that's not going to be as much of an issue unless you're right by it.

Also, I'm seeing what appears to be the Godfrey on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $156, so if you're seeing it for $131 on HOTWIRE, plus the $15 off $100 coupon certainly an attractive offer.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a very nice deal for this well reviewed property.

Glad to see you're pleased with the outcome and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]