Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Diego (La Jolla) Sheraton La Jolla

drbeanz
By drbeanz,
in

Hi all, It's been a long time to post new bid here, I have been renting apartments for longer stays.

Need to spend a night in San Diego this weekend with my girlfriend. 

I have tried 3-star bid up to $90 and 3.5-star bid up to 110 (from Sorrento to hotel circle and skip downtown SD) and didn't get anything, not even in hotel circle which was pretty surprising to my past PL experience. At one point, I declined an offer of Best Western Premier Del Mar Inn Hotel $135 (bid $110), but I believe I was close and moved on.

I tried it a few days later and I got this Sheraton at $120 (self parking at $15 daily).

BTW, I agree with some other bid posters, regardless of cities where hotels are located, that PL bidding is no longer a bargain as good as before. It is one of the main reasons now I use apartment rentals for long stays. 

Offer Price:$120.00/night

Number of rooms:1 Room

Number of nights:1 Night

Room Subtotal:$120.00

Taxes & Fees:$23.72

Total Charged:$143.72 

Amenities:

Free Internet (in Public Area)

Pet Friendly

Pool

Non-Smoking

Gym

Restaurant

Handicap Accessible

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you are pleased with the deal for this trip and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

It's not just PRICELINE / HOTWIRE rates that have gone up over the years, regular retail rates have gone up as well.  For example, for your dates above the best rate i can currently find for the Sheraton for your dates is $225/nite... so i think most would still consider your winning bid of $120/nite to be an excellent deal.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]