Hotwire Hotel: Berlin - Help on getting Hilton or Pullman for February, 2017

hey_Tito
By hey_Tito,
in

Hi there! First time posting on this helpful board. I'd like some help on getting a 5* hotel in Berlin on February (02/04/17 - 02/09/17 - 5 nights) for under $80.

I know that a lot of members on this thread got Hilton and Pullman for great prices and as far as I can see, none of those rates are available for my dates yet. Will I have a best shot if I wait until January 17? Or am I just not getting those prices because the Berlinale Festival starts on February 9?

(City Center - Tiergarten -Berlin  Zoo) Pullman Berlin  Schweizerhof

(Checkpoint Charlie - Gendarmenmarkt - Potsdamer Platz) Hilton Berlin

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific, so it's not uncommon that you won't be able to replicate the win of some other members if demand (and therefore rates) for your dates are higher then when others have won for less.

I don't know how big the Berlinale Festival festival is, or how early attendees would arrive, but that could certainly be effecting rates (and hotel availability) for your dates above.

For your dates i do see the Hilton Berlin priced at $179/nite, so if demand is going to be higher than usual for these dates, a win with more than a 50% discount does not seem like a high probability bet.  Similar comments for the Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof which is priced at $164/nite for these dates.

As well, HOTWIRE typically only shows 1 or 2 hotels at each star level in each zone, and given that neither of these are the least expensive hotels (going by 'regular' retail rates) for your dates, the chances of them being offered goes down as well.

Are these the only hotels you're interested in OR are you willing to be flexible for a discounted price at within your targeted $80 budget?

I am seeing what might be the Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof for $129/nite for your dates, would this proerty be worth it to you at this price?

Or some options closer to within your budget, along with our best guess for each, that may work for your needs (confirm your dates on the landing pages):

4* City Center - Tiergarten - Berlin Zoo for $86
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> Maritim Hotel Berlin

4.5* City Center - Tiergarten - Berlin Zoo for $89
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

==> Pestana Berlin Tiergarten

4.5* Checkpoint Charlie - Gendarmenmarkt - Potsdamer Platz for $94
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Fitness Center

==> Nh Berlin-Mitte

Let us know your thoughts based upon the information above (or how it goes if you take one of the offers linked above) and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick reply, thereuare. I took a look at the other hotels you suggestioned me and didn't really loved any of them. I'm actually interested on getting the Amano HOME at retail rates and I'll keep an eye on Hotwire to see if Pullman Berlin gets a lower rate as a Plan B.

Thanks again for the help.

Please use this Amano Home link to make your reservation/purchase... but i will note that this property is 3* rated, which is quite a bit different then the 5* hotel you were seeking in your original post.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know if any changes in your plans.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

jordansbulls,

Somebody may be asking the same question regarding your Hotwire Chicago trip, can you please post a follow-up there with whatever you decided to do for that trip.

Thanks!:smile:

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]