Priceline Hotel: Priceline Scamming

bobemac
By bobemac,
in

I wanted to update you guys.

I was looking for 2 nights in Palm Springs Ca.

PL has become worthless;

My rate at the Choice Hotel site for the 2.5 star Quality Inn in PSP is $64 prepaid.

PRICELINE quoted me a special prepaid rate of $87.

They are Scammers at PL I used to be able to get a decent deal, now they are impossible.

Been using HOTWIRE and the hotel websites for best deals.

Sorry to see you weren't able to get a PRICELINE deal for this trip, but i'd hardly call that a 'scam'.

What are/were the actual dates of your trip?  Was the $87/nite quoted by PRICELINE also pre-paid or was that a refundable rate?

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE deals are certainly still out there, but with more sophisticated pricing models, they may not be the lay-up that they were 5-10 years ago.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We were looking at 10/20 to 10/22. The PL rate was prepaid, a special price from PL.

We have been in PSP for two weeks at the Embarc timeshare.

Sadly, I have been using both Hotwire and PL since they started and revenue reduction metrics are now making PL almost worthless.

PL has extreme metrics compared to just a few years ago. I  presently never use them and their draconian policies make them distasteful to contemplate

ever using them.

Sorry for the rant but the definite lack of layups is irritating after my long term experience.

Mergers and consolidation have definitely changed the landscape for us old school deal makes.

I don't know when you booked your $64 pre-paid rate, but current rates (both thru PRICELINE's retail and direct with the Quality Inn) are higher than that... and a nice discount vs. current rates can be had thru PRICELINE EXPRESS (and as a long time user of both services you know that

My first PRICELINE win was a $37 for a 4* hotel in Downtown Miami... the fact that deals such as that are no longer available doesn't make their service a scam, you just have to adjust your expectations, and as always, 'know' what a good deal is and if the current PRICELINE EXPRESS and/or HOTWIRE offer is worth locking in or not.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]