Priceline Hotel: Expected rate for 4*, Magnificent Mile, Chicago on 10/14-10/16?

mcdani96
By mcdani96,
in

I'm planning a weekend trip to Chicago next week and plan on staying two nights somewhere near downtown.  This is for an anniversary for my wife and I so we plan on hitting restaurants and shopping, but are still pretty flexible as to what we are going to do. I'd like to be in the magnificent mile area but everything is looking like its $350+ right now.  Will the prices drop if I wait until the last minute and what should I expect to pay for a 4* hotel on those dates?

Thanks

Welcome to Betterbidding and Happy Anniversary! 

Unfortunately, the problem with these dates is that there's a convention w/25,000 people attending during this period.

What would be your desired max budget per night for this stay? Are you driving in or flying in? While not downtown Chicago, Lake Geneva is a very pretty (especially w/fall colors) resort town about an hour North of Chicago. Quieter, romantic setting - a little on the expensive side because it's the Fall and people are going there on the weekend for Fall colors, but cheaper than downtown Chicago during this time.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

We can suggest a bidding strategy for whatever limit you'd like, but at current rates i think you'll need to be closer to $300/nite than your current $250/nite limit.

If you'd like to move forward and bid for this stay, please confirm your maximum bid amount and acceptable zones (by PRICELINE name)... we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately, $250 or under for these dates at this point looks very difficult. The first night is not *quite* as bad when viewed separately, but is still expensive. I'm seeing:

4.5* HOTWIRE River North Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby $336

>>> Likely the Godfrey. I actually quite liked my stay here - really liked the hotel, love the location in River north - but the one note is that there is a bar on the 4th floor with a retractable roof. Probably not as much an issue in October, but I'd ask for a room on a higher floor.

4* HOTWIRE Navy Pier-MP Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Pet Friendly $317

>>> Likely the Sheraton Grand, although I'd prefer the Godfrey over the Sheraton.

On the regular rate side of HOTWIRE, the Buckingham Athletic Club is $336. That is an unusual case, as it's a private club with rooms for rent. The benefit of it is that, given the location on the 40th floor of a building in the SW loop, some rooms have fantastic views. The SW Loop location isn't optimal from a tourist perspective, but it's not a very long cab ride to other parts of the city. Guests can also use the extensive athletic club facilities. 

The first night - when viewed separately - is moderately better but still expensive, with what appears to be the Sheraton for $219, but the problem becomes the second night, which offers considerably higher rates and lesser options when viewed separately.

I'm quite familiar with the city - please let me know if you have any city questions, as well.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]