Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square East)

Jeff146
By Jeff146,
in

HOTWIRE offering the following for $181, can someone help me identify?

October 29, 2016 to November 4, 2016 | 1 room, 6 nights, 3 adults, 1 children

4* San Francisco (Union Square East)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, In-room accessibility

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but a guess would be the Villa Florence with a new amenity set.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

A few thoughts:

Unfortunately, San Francisco - like many other major cities now - has seen hotel parking costs ramp up over the years and you are likely looking at 40-60+ per night for parking.

This is also a busy period for San Francisco, which has become an expensive hotel market in recent years. I'm seeing the 4* that I researched above now for $190 and - especially with a city like San Francisco - there is always the risk that rates could continue higher. Quad occupancy makes the search more difficult, as you are limited more to HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS listings that offer bed choice.  PRICELINE EXPRESS listings without bed choice are going to be less expensive, as is bidding, but there's a chance you may wind up with one bed.

Given that parking cost will likely be significant and there is the risk that rates can continue higher, is USE the only acceptable zone?  Are you willing to risk one bed?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm seeing a 3.5* for $165 on HOTWIRE in the Fisherman's Wharf area w/Near Beach, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

>>> This would be a possible match for the Hotel Zephyr.

Would this be of any interest?

What is your maximum budget for this stay? (per nite before fees/taxes)

So we have a better idea of what it is that are looking for... why not the HOTWIRE hotel guessed to be the Villa Florence?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Max is probably 220 including resort fees for taxes. That one seems to have a 33 resort fee, so it will be a little over 200

we were deciding between getting a car or not but it seems there's no free parking/cheap option near union square, so we might just get a car for one day to visit the sites outside of San Fran

7 hours ago, thereuare said:

What is your maximum budget for this stay? (per nite before fees/taxes)

2x

7 hours ago, thereuare said:

So we have a better idea of what it is that are looking for... why not the HOTWIRE hotel guessed to be the Villa Florence?

2x

Renting a car for only the day that you need it will save a LOT on parking, as you won't likely find much free/cheap parking in the Union Square area.  The daily rate may be a little higher vs. renting from the airport, but you will also save a bit in taxes since there likely won't be any 'airport concession' type fees.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE offering the following for $181, can someone help me identify?
 3.5* San Francisco (Union Square West) - $173
October 29, 2016 to November 4, 2016 | 1 room, 6 nights, 3 adults, 1 children

FULL AMENITIES: 

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

I don't know if I put this in my hotwire thread or keep it separate since it's in Priceline.

Thanks,

Jeff

Found a few more, and I have expanded my search to USW too.

Union Square West

3.5* $154

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, Accessible bathroom

3* $164

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS offers be sure to confirm your dates on any landing pages linked below:

3.5* Union Square West for $173
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

==> Handlery Union Square Hotel

For the Fisherman's Wharf property you didn't mention star rating or price, but i think it may be this one:

4* Fisherman's Wharf for $227
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet

==> if so, my guess here would be the well reviewed Best Western Plus The Tuscan

For the HOTWIRE offers, do you really want to stay at a hotel where less than half of those who have stayed there previously (in a discounted rate) would not recommend the hotel??  Regardless, my best guess for each:

Union Square West

3.5* $154

==> Tilden Hotel (previously The Mark Twain Hotel)

3* $164 USW

==> Hotel Metropolis

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Sorry didn't know if I should make a different thread depending on if it's hotwire or priceline.

The Handerly does seem good but noticed that it's $212 if I want 2 queen beds.

This is the last one and we're going to just book it and take our chances.

Hotwire

Union Square East

4* $234

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center

I'm thinking it's Galleria Park Hotel but you guys know more then me.

Thanks again for all your help.

I'm not seeing the offer above... i'm seeing this one (also priced at $234/nite... and has a 4.5/5.0 TA rating):

4* Union Square West for $234.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Room Accessible
==> not 100% certain, but the Marker San Francisco would be my guess for this one (can't comment on the one you listed above since i can't pull it up on my own)

Hi,

I'm just about to book but then found this one on HOTWIRE

If you can help me identify that would be great.

3.5* Union Square East for $205.00

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

My best guess would be Hotel Triton.

I'm not certain, but the Handlery Union Square Hotel would be my best guess for the 3.5* above.

I don't think it's the Hotel Triton as that property is currently 3* rated by HOTWIRE.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]