Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 4* hotel Lower East Side - East Village $167 (New York)

catitamatias
By catitamatias,
in

I need help to identify those hotels in NY at Hotwire with the amenities below:

1) East Side - East Village 4*

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access.

Dates: from Oct 20 to Oct 24

Price per night: $167

2) Times Square South 3,5*

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Dates: from Oct 20 to Oct 24

Price per night: $180

Please, help me!

Best guess/comments for each:

1) East Side - East Village 4*

==> both the Wyndham Garden Chinatown or Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side have been seen with this amenity set, so either would be possible, although i'd slightly favor the Holiday Inn as the more likely of the two

2) Times Square South 3,5*

==>The Gallivant Times Square would be my best guess here

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- please follow-up your previous Priceline Las Vegas hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans..  Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I see that the prices are increasing on Hotwire, so I would like your help to bid a hotel on Priceline "Name your own price".

Do you think it is possible to get a hotel from Oct 20 to Oct 24 (04 nights) for $800 with all taxes included?

Dates: Oct 20 - Oct 24

Star: 4* or 3,5*

Areas I would stay:

1°) Times Square - Theatre District 

2°) Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park

3°) Grand Central Terminal - UN

4°) Madison Square Garden - Convention Area

5°) Midtown East 

6°) Empire State Building Area 

7°) Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen

Thank you!

We will provide a strategy for whatever you'd like, but i think it will more likely take closer to $190-$200 bid price to be successful in one of the zones above.

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid price (before taxes/fees) and if you're willing to pay more for a 4* vs.a  3.5* or if your goal is the least expensive 3.5* or better for this trip.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The problem is that I already have a reservation (free cancelation) in Long Island City for those dates that I will spend $850 (with taxes). The location of this hotel is good, however I still want to stay in Manhattan (if I have luck!), but I don't want to spend too much in a hotel... my buget is low.

So let's say the maximum bid I can give is $180 p/ night. I know it's difficult, but I still want to try. And if I am not able to get it, I still have my 2° option in Long Island City.

When bidding 3.5* in NYC you have FIVE re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* TS, Rock Center, Grand Central, MSG, MTE, ESB

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* TS, Rock Center, Grand Central, MSG, MTE, MTW

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* ESB, MTW, TS, Rock Center, Grand Central, MSG

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* ESB, MTW, TS, Rock Center, Grand Central, MTE

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* TS, Rock Center, Grand Central, MSG, MTE, ESB, MTW

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180

If the above is rejected i will point out that you're not only trying to go from LIC to Manhattan, but also trying to go from a 2* hotel to a 3.5* (or higher) hotel.

If the above fails, i would also suggest the following (confirm your dates on the landing pages):

4* Downtown - Wall Street for $188
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess for this one would be the Club Quarters World Trade Center or the World Center Hotel (which are basically the same hotel)... at least this one has you inside of Manhattan at at a higher star rating than your 2* back-up

3* Empire State Building Area for $188
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet

==> the Hotel Stanford NYC Koreatown would be my best guess here.  Not luxurious, but a good location near multiple subway lines, and again, in Manhattan and a higher star rating than your Long Island City back-up plan

If you for some reason decide you want to stay in LIC (again, confirm your dates on the landing pages):

3* Long Island City for $151
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

==> Holiday Inn LIC Manhattan View would be my guess for this one, which is higher rated and cheaper than your current back-up plan

4* Long Island City for $182
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

==> a 4* hotel for about what you're currently paying for a 2* property... my guess here would be The Paper Factory Hotel

Let us know what you ultimately decide for this trip or how we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I tried the bids, but I was not happy with it.

So, today I found this deal at HOTWIRE, can you help me to ID?

Madison Square Garden 4* $188

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

I can see either that this hotel charges a resort fee.

• 4 months later...

Thank you for closing the thread. Sharing what you did book (even if not PRICELINE/HOTWIRE) is greatly appreciated as it may give others ideas who are researching.

Was the hotel you booked in Queen a PRICELINE / HOTWIRE purchase or one where you knew the hotel name ahead of time?

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]