Priceline Hotel: 4* Berlin Mitte-Alexanderplatz 21-24 October

Parners
By Parners,
in

Hiya,

We're looking to go to Berlin for the weekend of 21st-24th of October.

Currently looking at hotels in the various mitte areas and Brandenburg gate, 4* upwards. There is a 4* in mitte- alexanderplatz with internet, business centre & no smoking rooms as the amenity set. The hotel lists say that the only 4* in the area is the Lux 11, which we'd be very happy with, but the amenities don't match.

The Lux 11 is in our preferred area is this still the only hotel in the mitte-alexanderplatz zone for express and NYOP?

Any ideas on the cheapest we might potentially be able to get a 4* in those areas via NYOP? I've bid up to £45 about a week ago, but got nothing.

With the whole Brexit malarkey, we'd like to keep costs as low as possible. Unfortunately, between finding flights and getting annual leave approved, the flight price has tripled, so the flights are now already as high as the original budget for the weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Please post to the board is US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation based upon future currency fluctuations.

For this 4* Mitte - Alexanderplatz - TV Tower for $71 (confirm your dates on the landing page)
Business Center
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> my best guess would be The Weinmeister Berlin-Mitte

Does this work for your needs?  If not, and you prefer to try bidding on PRICELINE, which zone(s) do you want to include in your bidding and what would be your maximum bid?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I actually was just about to post to say I had a feeling it might be the weinmeister. It does work for us I think, although we'd definitely prefer cheaper.

Ideally, we'd like to get as close to the $50 as possible whilst still staying centrally and in 4*+.

Do you think there's a chance of getting the Lux 11/Weinmeister cheaper via NYOP? We'd consider the Mitte- Alexanderplatz or mitte- museum island our preferrered zone, followed by mitte- berlin wall, Brandenburg gate and checkpoint Charlie, in that order. We won the Winters Hotel Checkpoint Charlie last year at around $50, when I think the zone was called kreuzberg. Happy to stay around that area again but would prefer to be around Hackesher Markt which looks to be covered by mitte-aplatz. My personal pref is Prenzlauer Berg, but the Priceline zone is far too big for us to risk is as it goes right out to Weissensee.

Do you happen to know whether the NH Berlin Alexanderplatz is in their NYOP inventory? I'd prefer not to get that, although if it's a significant saving it's fine.

When bidding on PRICELINE there is no way to target, or avoid, a specific property... you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose.

How about this

4.5* Mitte - Alexanderplatz - TV Tower for $65
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center

==> not certain, but my guess for this one would be the Park Inn Berlin Alexanderplatz

This would be closer to your $50 target and a half star rating higher.  Alternately, you could try bidding on PRICELINE for a 4.5* hotel up to $50 (or stretch to $55-$60??), which you may not necessarily get the Park Inn, but you could avoid the NH Berlin Alexanderplatz.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare,

I'd noticed the ParkInn express deal, but it looks as though it's been quite poorly reviewed of late.

I seem to not have an option to bid for half stars on NYOP.

We would accept the NH a-platz, but for the money we'd much prefer the lux or Weinmeister. The NH is lower priced on the hotels list than the priceline express deals and its decently reviewed, just not as convenient as the others as it is right on the edge of the zone. I'd assume that a NYOP bid that was the same as or surpassed the transparent price of the NH would simply get the NH and a nice priceline profit....although I may be wrong and they may run the two completely separately.

The OH is thinking we should just take the express Weinmeister deal, but I like the thrill of the bid :P

It comes down to what you want vs how much you're willing to budget.

If you bid on PRICELINE, how much of an impact would it be to your plans if you landed the NH Berlin Alexanderplatz?  How much savings would you need for the 'lesser' location be worth to you... $5/nite, $10/nite, $15/nite, etc?

If/when you're ready to bid, let us know the details (zones, star rating, and maximum bid price) and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

... or let us know how the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer goes.

Keep in mind that the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal could disappear at any time, so not really a good idea to use that as a longterm back-up plan.

On 9/26/2016 at 5:46 AM, thereuare said:

For this 4* Mitte - Alexanderplatz - TV Tower for $71 (confirm your dates on the landing page)
Business Center
Free Internet

==> my best guess would be The Weinmeister Berlin-Mitte

It's still available if you click the link above.

If you prefer to bid, please confirm the star rating, zone(s), and maximum bid price and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

• 5 months later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]