Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Rockefeller Center) The Jewel

ThEBoB
By ThEBoB,
in

Can you help me identifying the 4* Hotel in New York Rockefeller Center Area

November 11/2/16 - 11/6/16 $249  90% recommended

The full amenities are:

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom

Thanks!!:biggrin:

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported, but my guess would be the Jewel with a slightly different amenity set since last reported to the board. The listing is showing a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating, so the underlying hotel does get excellent reviews.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

The Jewel would be my best guess for the HOTWIRE offer and amenity set above.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The hotwire offer is gone :sad: and i been bidding on priceline up to $245 for a 4.5* hotel with no success.

Now I found a 4* hotel on Central Park South at $245, but it says all suites hotel, and there is no record of that on the hotel list, I really want to stay the closest to the 5th ave.

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Suite, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Kitchenette, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

Thanks for your help

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported, but a guess is that this is a new amenity set for the Manhattan Club.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Not sure of your needs for this stay, but how about the 4.5* Empire State Building HOTWIRE offer fro $224/nite with:

Boutique

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Childrens Activities

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Roll-in Shower

==> best guess for this one would be The Kitano, which gets good reviews

Does this work well for your plans this trip? (if not, let us know more about your needs for this stay)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank You thereuare

I need a room for 2 adults from Nov 2th to Nov 6th in a good 4* hotel o better, on the Rockefeller center, midtown east zones

I have a safety reservation already, on a 4* hotel at $294 per night.

Priceline express is showing a 4* at Rockefeller for $248 but only 7 out of 10 recomended, that is a concern to me.

Also a 4.5* 8 out fo 10 recommended but at $275. This one would be a good choice if I knew the hotel name.

Although I have time still, I think prices will be rising, I apreciate your opinion about this.

Thanks again for your interest and help.

May i ask what your plans are within the city in that only the 3 zones above will work for your needs? 

The ESB zone is not that far from any of the zones you mentioned, so perhaps it could work (or i can find another option) that will work for your plans?

Where is your back-up reservation?

The Kitano would be about a 15 minute walk to your daughter's office, and to get to the park in the morning would be an easy subway ride (2 stops)... not sure if these are 'obstacles' you'd be willing to accept for the well reviewed (and nice deal) of the Kitano above (even a $7 cab ride each way would still put you ahead of the game and a nice hotel vs. The Lexington)

Some other options (confirm your dates on the landing pages):

4* Rock Center hotel for $248/nite with:

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the City Club Hotel (although this may be a bit more convenient for your plans, i don't think this is as good of a value as the Kitano)

The original HOTWIRE hotel (guessed to be The Jewel) is back on ho.twire but for $289/nite... a little more than when you first asked, but it does seem like this hotel would work out perfectly for both your morning runs and for meeting your daughter for lunch.

The Doubletree Metropolitan is also available on a refundable basis for $299/nite, almost the same price as The Lexington and a few blocks closer to your daughter and the park, if you're looking for another option as a back-up? (found searching our sister site RefundableRates.com for 1 mile from 52nd st and Madison Ave, NYC... then filtering to only 4* and above hotels and limiting to the price slider to rates that are $300 or less... really power stuff if you full utilize to its potential :smile:)

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Thank You Thereuare, I changed my safety hotel to the Double Tree

I'm Reluctant to stay on ESB area, I will wait for a deal to apear, or keep the Double Tree

Some important thing came to my attention

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE Charges fees 

On a $280 hotel in New York PriceLine bidding  and PRICELINE EXPRESS charges 5% or $14 more than other options; and HOTWIRE 12.41% or $34 more, making Hotwire less hot !

Yup, sometimes it costs money to save money! :wink:

Their 'regular' rate hotels typically do not charge any fee... just taxes.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Good luck!

Well

I just got the Jewel for $241 Nov 2nd to Nov 6th 90% recommended :cool:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom

HotWire Easy View was $5 les that regular HotWire View

Thank You Thereuare, and thanks for this forum, !!! 

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see the price came back down a bit and you received the hotel you were hoping for, as this would seem to work out perfectly for your plans.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board for your purchase and for sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]