Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orlando (Airport MCO) Clarion Hotel Orlando International Airport

FrazierGA
By FrazierGA,
in

I began with your HOTWIRE.com link.  Got this hotel for $49.  I was a little disappointed,since I don't think it is on a par with the other 3 star hotels in the Airport area.  I will note that this hotel was not listed in your in your list of hotel wins in that area, so you need to add it.  It was based on that listing that I decided to buy the hotel, since all the other hotels were good buys.  (I know you are not responsible for hotels being added to the list, but I wanted to express my disappointment in this "win."

Amenities:

Free parking

Free breakfast

Free Internet

Airport shuttle

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Business center

Self-service laundry

Internet access

Golf nearby

Sorry to see you're disappointed in the outcome for this one.  This property has actually been reported to the board previously, but at the 2.5* level, thanks for helping update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new star rating for this property.

Note that the amenity set above does not match any previously reported hotels in this zone, so this could have been the first clue that this property may be something other than what appears in the Hotwire Hotel List.  As well, HOTWIRE also shows (prior to your purchase) that this property has a 2.0/5.0 TA rating, which was another clue that this may not be one of the 'fine' hotels that you would have expected.

Feel free to ask the board for help before your future hotel purchases as we can have a look and confirm (or negate) what it is that you think you are about to purchase, and hopefully guide you to a more satisfactory result.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay... fortunately it's just one nite and hopefully will be uneventful and better than you anticipate.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't ask for your help, since I didn't think I needed it.  (Obviously I was wrong.)   I almost never use Hotwire and am much more familiar with Priceline; that is why I did not try to match amenities in trying to determine how good of a deal I was getting.   The hotel was not as bad as I expected.  Two downsides: the airport shuttle runs only every hour, and the hotel is on the western side of the airport (and not near where most of the other 3-star hotels are located, which are close to many eating  establisments).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]