Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Lower Fairfield County (Stamford) Hilton Stamford Hotel and Executive Meeting Center

netpog
By netpog,
in

Hotline offered a blind Greenwich-Stamford 4* hotel for $85 ($106 gross, with fees), so that was my fall-back.  I saw blind offers for 3.5* hotels from HOTWIRE for $85, and PRICELINE for $81 ("Hint: You've booked here before", so I think it was NOT the same hotel.)

Because my preference was Greenwich, which is where both the known Hotwire 4* hotels are in (there are no known 4* hotels in the Priceline list for Lower Fairfield), on my first attempt I bid for 4* up to $81, with no success.  Then I tried 3.5*, expecting to land in Stamford.  With no rebid zones, my first offer was accepted.  (I was happy stay somewhere random for a $20 discount, but no less than that.)

Obviously, the hotel lists and the bidding helper were very valuable.  And of COURSE I used the link to PRICELINE!  (Actually, I used the helper, which does the same thing.)

PS: The PRICELINE EXPRESS $81 offer was for 

"Stamford Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

"Pets Allowed Restaurant Free Internet Indoor or Outdoor Pool Fitness Center No Smoking Rooms/Facilities"

I think it was the Sheraton Stamford. (That's the only 3.5* hotel I've stayed in, there, through Priceline.)

Congratulations on your success!

Well done!  Glad to see you're pleased with the outcome and to hear that you find the information on the board helpful.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]