Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Tucson (La Paloma - Ventana Canyon) Loews Ventana Canyon Resort

Chuck W.
By Chuck W.,
in

Needed a room in Tucson AZ for a road trip.  

I started out at $75 and worked my way up to $80 before my bid was accepted.  The last bid before the winning one was $75. 

My winning bid of $80, plus $20.65 in taxes & fees plus $25.00 hotel fee for a total of $124.65. 

If I had booked the room through their web site it would have cost me over $250.00.  That makes this over a 50 per cent savings.  Cool!

As usual, I used BetterBidding's site for the PRICELINE links to start my purchase and searches.  Many thanks to BetterBidding!

Offer price:$80.00/night

Adjusted room price (bid) with Hotel Fee Credit: $79.00/night

Hotel fee:$25.00

Number of rooms:1 room

Number of nights:1 night

Room subtotal:$80.00

Taxes & fees:$20.65

Hotel fee credit:- $1.00

Total charged today:$99.65

Total cost: $124.65

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick follow up.  We were traveling from El Paso to Los Angeles and spent a night at the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort.  It is about ten minutes off the freeway when arriving and only five minutes when returning to the I-10.  Well worth the minor detour; what a great hotel.  The staff could not have been nicer, the rooms were large and comfortable.  We hit the lounge and had a couple beers.  Besides being reasonably priced, the lounge area was well appointed and comfortable.  As far as I can tell, this hotel deserves it's 4 1/2 star rating. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]