Priceline Hotel: NY Times Square 4* & up

keykaboo
By keykaboo,
in

Hello,

I'm looking for a nice hotel in the NY Times Square area. (4* and up)

Celebrating my 30th bday with my best friend! I need accommodations for 2 ladies. 1 or 2 beds ok. 

Check-in: 10/20/16

Check-out: 10/24/16

Would like to be in Times Square with a nice view & hotel with a bar.

Is this possible for $250 a night?

Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding! Happy Early B-Day, as well. :biggrin:

The discount services are for basic, non-upgraded rooms. A view in NYC is usually a paid upgrade; you can ask regarding upgrades at check-in, but in NYC with the discount services there is a definite risk the hotel will say no. There is no way to guarantee a bar in hotel, although they are fairly common in NYC (and there are plenty of bars throughout the city that may be a more memorable experience than the bar at the hotel.)

Additionally, is TS the only zone of interest? I do think $250 (not including taxes/fees) is certainly possible, but I think if you can expand your options to other parts of Midtown, you can find somewhat cheaper options or - on the flip side - if you can go a little bit higher, there are some 4.5* options around $265-275, including what appears to be the very highly-rated Even Hotel for $263.

Let us know your thoughts on the above (and if the potential Even is of interest) and we would be happy to research and offer further suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'll wait to hear your response to the questions above before commenting further, but if you're looking for a bar with a view the lobby bar at the Mandarin Oriental is what i call an 'affordable luxury' (in that drinks here will likely cost you in the $15-$25 range) is a nice, upscale, choice.  Their lobby is located on the 35th Floor and offers great views of Central Park and some of the Manhattan Skyline.

I've never been, but i hear that R Lounge at the Renaissance Times Square hotel had good drinks (may only be slightly less expensive than the option above) has good cocktails and a great view of Times Square.

Let us know if you're willing to stay outside of (but nearby or convenient to) Time Square and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the replies. I do have my heart set on Times Square but I'm open to Central park.  I'll be in total tourist mode/party mode!

I'm hope to land between 250-300/night including taxes & fees.  It doesn't have to be a 4* hotel. I just want something really nice and my friend said I better not end up with the Waldorf (bad experience). lol

The Renaissance Times Square hotel looks Fab!

Thanks for all your help!

I'm seeing this 4* Times Square hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $256/nite with:

Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be The Time Hotel which would put you about $10/nite over your ideal budget, but thought i would mention should it be of interest

I'm also seeing:

3.5* The Gallivant Times Square for $181/nite (plus $15/nite resort fee)

4* Row NYC for $193/nite (plus $30/nite resort fee)

4* The Hotel Manhattan at Tiems Square for $195/nite (plus $27/nite resort fee)

3.5* Ameritania at Times Square fro $215/nite

To also give you some options just outside of the Times Square zone:

Warwick for $220/nite (Rock Center)

InterContinental The Barclay for $235/nite (Grand Central North)

Any of the above of interest?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

These hotels are nice but I'm looking for something a little more Times Square...something that screams New York. I really like the InterContinental, just not the location.   Is there a way to get a good rate on one of these hotels?

1. W New York Times Square

2. Hyatt Times Square New York

3. The Westin New York at Times Square

I'm willing to increase my budget a little. 

Also, if I wait closer to my departure date, would I score a better deal?

Thanks!

This 4* Times Square hotel is offered for $289/nite with:

Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> best guess for this one would be the Hyatt Times Square... although the citizenM New York Times Square would be a second, although slightly less likely, possibility as well (although both hotels get 9+ user review ratings from previous PRICELINE guests and both should provide for an excellent stay)

Does this work for your needs?

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

On 9/17/2016 at 5:35 AM, thereuare said:

This 4* Times Square hotel is offered for $289/nite with:

Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> best guess for this one would be the Hyatt Times Square... although the citizenM New York Times Square would be a second, although slightly less likely, possibility as well (although both hotels get 9+ user review ratings from previous PRICELINE guests and both should provide for an excellent stay)

Click the link at the beginning of the quote above. (and if you missed it, i'm referring to THIS LINK (but confirm your dates on the landing page))

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]