4 Star Hotel in Manhattan

darvin_duster
By darvin_duster,
in

Hello,

I am looking for a 4 star or higher hotel in Manhattan (Central Park South, Midtown West-Hell's Kitchen).

I don´t understand how to find the cheapest price?

I will stay (2 persons) from October 8th trough 12th October 2016.

The price that I'm searching should be under 200 USD.

Can you please help me to find the right price?

Thank you so much.

Dravin

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Are the CPS/MTW-HK zones the only zones of interest? Please confirm all of the zones that would be acceptable. 

Unfortunately, this is a busy time of year, but  I do think you may be able to get a 4* for around $200 (possibly a few dollars over) depending on the midtown zone.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Hello Aaron,

I travel for the first time to NYC. I think these are the zones that are good to stay for the first trip:

Times Square

Midtown East

Grand Central Terminal

Rockefeller Center

Madison Square Garden

Midtown West

Empire State Building

Chelsea Area

Soho

West Village

Union Square

I don't know if Downtown Wall Street is a good place too?

Should I select all the zones first an then give a price? Or should I put in the lowest price an select for every bid one more zone?

Kind regards an thank you for helping

Darvin

I'm very familiar with NYC and would be more than happy to assist with this trip.

To get started, below are some comments on your zone selections:

Times Square - OK

Midtown East- OK

Grand Central Terminal - goes a bit far east, which includes The ONE UN (previously the Millennium UN Plaza) which can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway

Rockefeller Center- OK

Madison Square Garden - contains the Wyndham New Yorker which gets mixed reviews (mostly because it is an older/historic hotel and many prefer the more modern/newer properties)... make sure this is an acceptable property if including this zone in your bidding

Midtown West - contains the Ink48 which gets great reviews, but is a bit far west in the zone and a 10+ minute walk to the subway (so may not be the most convenient for the average tourist)

Empire State Building - OK

Chelsea Area - some hotels can be up to a 10 minute walk to the subway, but still a very desirable zone because this is a 'hot' area right now with lots of bars, clubs, cafes, boutiques, etc (not to mention the HighLine and Chelsea Market)

Soho - lots of boutiques as would be expected

West Village - good area (similar and close to Chelsea) but just not a lot of 4* hotels in this zone

Union Square - OK but not too many 4* hotels in this zone (so it's not won very frequently)

Downtown is do-able for the right price, it's gotten livelier over the last few years (as some parts have become more residential) but it can still get quiet at nite and on the weekends, and midtown is a 15-20 minute subway ride away (so it's completely do-able, but it's not ideal, so you should be getting a much better price or a much better hotel vs. what you can get in midtown)

Please confirm the zone(s) you would be interested in and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]