Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Central Park South) Le Parker Meridien New York

ElPal
By ElPal,
in

Hi,

My sister is travelling to NYC from 5-8 October and is looking for a hotel (3-5 stars) in the following PRICELINE zones:

Central Park South

Rockerfeller/Bryant Park

Grand Central Terminal (if we can work out it is likely to be on the Park Avenue side based on previous experiences reported)

Midtown East

Chelsea

The AUD to USD exchange rate is pretty poor at the moment so already expensive hotels during this period are even more so.

We were thinking it may be best to have a cancellable reservation up our sleeve while we continue browsing PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals using your link (as always) or perhaps bidding through PRICELINE NYOP. I know that you have hotel pages that you get referral commissions from and would like to support you. I would also like to know which pages I can use to get a reservation that is both cancellable and a pay later (i.e. at check-in or check-out) rather than having to pay in full now. That's better than having to wait on a refund if we then find a PRICELINE hotel instead.

Thanks in advance

A refundable reservation (please use our sister site RefundableRates.com) is not a bad idea, although it also becomes consideration of current deals vs traditional rates for the time period. October is absolutely not a slow time in NYC, so waiting does risk rates going higher. 

What would be the desired budget per night in USD$ before taxes/fees?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks. I ended up splitting the stay and doing an airport zone booking and a Central Park South booking using your PRICELINE links.

Using your PRICELINE link, I looked at the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals and saw this one.

Rating 8+/10

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

I looked in the retail part of PRICELINE and saw there were six 4.5* hotels in the zone. I then worked out that it was Le Parker Meridien because the others either didn't allow pets, didn't have swimming pools or did not have the relevant minimum guest rating.

This is a new one to add to the Hotels List.

Thanks for your help. I will continue using your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for my research and purchases.

Congratulations on your success!

A very nice deal for this centrally located hotel for this nite.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add the new star rating and amenity set for this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Enjoy this leg of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]