Priceline Hotel: LA - West Hollywood

shbr
By shbr,
in

Hi!
What would be your best guess? Appreciate all your help!
Travel dates: 10/1 - 10/6

> PRICELINE

4* West Hollywood

- $ 196/night

- Rated 7.0 out of 10 (or higher)

- Amenities: Pets Allowed, Business Center, Restaurant, Free Internet, Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities. Bed choice available.

3 1/2* West Hollywood

- $ 234/night

- Rated 7.0 out of 10 (or higher)

- Amenities: Pets Allowed, Business Center, Restaurant, Free Internet, Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities.

> HOTWIRE

3* Sunset Blvd - West Hollywood
- $ 175/night
- 85% recommended
- Amenities: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

3 1/2* Sunset Blvd - West Hollywood
- $ 179/night
- 90% recommended
- Amenities: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible bathroom

- $ 161/night

- tripadvisor 4 out of 5
- Amenities: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Internet access

2* Sunset Blvd - West Hollywood
- $ 98/night

- No reviews
- Amenities: Free Internet, Internet access

Thanks a lot!!

What is it that you are looking for in a hotel for this trip and what is your maximum budget? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

10 hours ago, shbr said:

free parking (even free public parking near the hotel) would be essential for this trip

None of the hotels above list Free Parking as an amenity... and if this is a need (vs. a want) i think you're going to have a very difficult time with this requirement, as the vast majority of hotels in this area will charge for parking, and Free Parking would be more the exception than the rule.

Also, keep in mind that if you do find an inexpensive lot, their rate may be daily (per entry / exit) which may not be much of a savings in the end of you intend to have a lot of in/out during the day.

I would sooner suggest to first determine a budget, then assume about $30-50/day for parking, and adjust your desired room rate accordingly.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi!
Yeah, I noticed that none of the hotels listed free parking, I was planning on searching for a free parking lot near the hotel after your guesses. Or even search for the cheapest one.

Ok.. I think the offers I listed from Hotwire would be under my budget. I'm willing to spend less than $190,00/night, if possible. 

Your guesses would be extremely helpful. 

Thanks!

The only property i currently see offered when searching for your dates is the first listing:

- $ 175/night
- 85% recommended
==> my guess would be the Carlyle Inn

Would this property work for your needs this trip?

Hi, thereuare!
I'm sorry that I couldn't reply sooner. I searched again, same travel dates, and found this offers. Could you help me once again, please?

HOTWIRE

- $ 178/night

- 80% recommended

- Amenities: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

3* Boutique Hotel Sunset Blvd - West Hollywood

- $ 170/night
- 40% recommended

- Amenities: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Internet access

2* Sunset Blvd - West Hollywood

- $ 99/night

- 10% recommended 

- Amenities: Free Internet, Internet access

Thanks a lot!

12 hours ago, shbr said:

HOTWIRE

- $ 178/night

- 80% recommended

This is the same listing that you asked about in your original post... my guess would still be the Carlyle Inn.

As for the other two HOTWIRE hotels, do you really think that you would be happy with a hotel where less than half of the previous HOTWIRE customers would recommend the property (and in one instance only 10% of previous guests would recommend)??

Ok, thank you to confirm your previous guess. I was unsure due to some slightly differences on the offer. 

On 10 de setembro de 2016 at 5:07 PM, thereuare said:

As for the other two HOTWIRE hotels, do you really think that you would be happy with a hotel where less than half of the previous HOTWIRE customers would recommend the property (and in one instance only 10% of previous guests would recommend)??

I was hoping that you could "tell" me (best guess) the hotel's name and than I would be able to decide for myself. But that's all right. I will think through a different strategy. I'll come back to let you know. 

Thanks!

9 hours ago, shbr said:

I was unsure due to some slightly differences on the offer.

Other than the price changing by $3/nite i don't see any difference in the two offers.

Researching hotels can be a time consuming process so there should be a reasonable likelihood of purchase before we embark the research... hotels with a 10% recommendation (or anything less than 50% for that matter) are typically not considered viable candidates and not worth the time involved to pursue (nor would we recommend them)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]