Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Central Park South) Park Central Hotel

jgg284
By jgg284,
in

Hotwire listing for Central Park South $212, with an additional resort fee of $33. 85% hotwire customer rating, 4/5 TripAdvisor.

Amenities include:

Boutique Hotel

Business Center

Fitness Center

Internet

In room accessibility

Accessible Bathroom

I was 95% sure it was the Park Lane Hotel, and was really blindsided (and disappointed) when I got the Park Central. I'm sure the hotel is fine, but the $33 resort fee really doesn't get you anything different that other hotels give for free. Most hotels that charge this high of fee offer breakfast, and happy hour receptions. The price wasn't all that great either. On the Park Central website, the room was only $257. A far cry from Hotwire's supposed $435 original price.

One last thing, Park Central Hotel is listed as Times Square North on Better bidding.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the change in zone boundary for this location and the new amenity set for this property.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed in the outcome, but the amenity set above has never been seen with the Park Lane, so not sure why you thought that was the likely outcome in this instance.  Feel free to ask the board for help before your next opaque hotel purchase as we can often confirm (or negate) what you think you may be about to purchase and help you obtain a result that is more within your expectations.

Also, for the future Note that the crossed out rate is an average price of hotels of this star rating in the zone for your dates, NOT necessarily the rate of the hotel currently being offered.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope you enjoy your stay and time in NYC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I understand you get what you get, but the reason I felt this may be Park Lane was after considering the various hotels in the areas as far as hotwire rating, customer satisfaction, and the "facility fee", it seemed to line up. Plus a previous posted win for Park Lane, and Park Central being listed in Time Square North, it just seemed to fit.

It appears Hotwire is really trying to make it difficult to figure out the hotel you're going after, most notably by not putting the tripadvisor rating on many of the listings. I'm sure the hotel will be fine, but the "fee" for basically nothing is what gets me. We called the hotel this morning to see what we get for the $33, and they basically listed everything a person would would expect to be included.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]