Priceline Hotel: Need help on picking NYC Hotel

mcducky
By mcducky,
in

I would like a 4* and up hotel, but wouldn't mind a 3* if it is nice and only has 3* because of lacking amenities.  I was told to try staying in Midtown East but would also be willing to hear a suggestion for those that have been to NYC before.  I've heard to stay clear of Times Square due to heavy touristy feel.

I already booked my flight for October 15th through 19th. My budget would be 150-225 a night.  

Amenities - I'm looking for a clean and updated room.  No bed bugs.  Close to subways.  

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Kauai hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

1 hour ago, mcducky said:

Are you familiar with the New York area?

Yes, very familiar... but please see our reply to your Kauai thread and provide the details of the hotel you did purchase, then reply here and we will continue the discussion for your NYC thread above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The hotel you received for Kauai had never been reported to the board either thru bidding on PRICELINE or thru PRICELINE EXPRESS, so hopefully you see why it's important to share your wins so that others can benefit from the information. (and our ability to help with your NYC trip comes in part from those who posted their own wins for this area :wink:)

How about (confirm all dates on the landing pages):

3* ESB for $180/nite with:

Pets Allowed
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the NH Jolly Hotel Madison Towers

3* Soho - Tribeca for $191/nite with:

Restaurant
Free Internet
==> Cosmopolitan Hotel-Tribeca would be my best guess here, which is not as well located as a some midtown locations, but you're within a 4-5 block walk of 3 different subway stations that can easily take you to just about anywhere in Manhattan you would want to go

4* Rock Center for $218/nite with:

Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> likely the Club Quarters Midtown (but The Mansfield is possible, but less likely)

4* Lower East Side for $226/nite with:

Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Wyndham Garden Chinatown (similar to above, not as centrally located as a midtown hotel, but this is near a subway and hotels gets good reviews)

Any of the above work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Unfortunately, NYC is traditionally busy/expensive in the Fall. Of the above, the Club Quarters is a very nice/central location. 

I do see a 4* for $214 in the Midtown West-Theater District w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower.

>>> Likely the Yotel Times Square, which has been seen with this amenity set previously. While by Times Square, this property does get a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating (you should see a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page for this listing.)

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Hmm I'm looking at blind bidding a 4.5* hotel in the midtown east.  I saw a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal 4.5* for $278.  I'm thinking about blind bidding slightly lower. Do you have any experience with the express deal price vs the blind bid price?  I'm fairly certain that the 4.5* express deal is 48lex or benjamin hotel based off the listed amenities. I'm thinking that the only other hotel in the blind bid that could pop up is the waldorf astoria.  

Would like to get your opinion before I start bidding higher.  I bid $220 earlier this morning and it didn't work.  I'm thinking 250 would be my highest bid for this area. 

Well, the hotel resort fee shows 160 for the 4 nights so I know that it is 48Lex (only one that charges 40 a night fee).  I stopped at 240 bidding.  The priceline express deal went up to 290 from 278.  Maybe missed my window.  Will check back in the morning.

thanks again for your help.

The hotel you see on PRICELINE EXPRESS is not necessarily the one that you will win when bidding on PRICELINE.

Have you increased your budget since your original post?

Thanks for keeping us updated. My only concern is that this is not a traditionally slow period, so while waiting for a better deal prices can suddenly get worse. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]