Priceline Hotel: 4* and up - 11/05 -11/12 - midtown bidding price?

cinystarr
By cinystarr,
in

Hi,

First time priceline user trying to find a 4* and up hotel in midtown manhattan (11/05 to 11/12, 7 nights) for girlfriend and I.

I tried bidding 222$ for 4.5* in the Rockefeller Center zone, no luck. :mellow: 

Wondering what would be a realistic price and the best bidding strategy?

Zone Preference: Rockefeller Center, Central Park South, Midtown East, Times Square

No amenities preference..

Budget: I guess up to 250 for 4.5*, would go for 300 for luxury hotels... (can adjust budget upwards if these numbers are completely unrealistic..)

Appreciate your help!

There's a 4.5* in Times Square South on HOTWIRE for $250 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business. 

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported, but my guess would be the Premier with a slightly different amenity set. There are other possibilities, as well, although some just outside your desired area, including a 4.5* on Priceline Express in the ESB area for $216 (check that the right dates are showing on the landing page.) Additionally, November is unfortunately a busy period in NYC and 7 nights together sometimes is more difficult to get a deal when it comes to NYC. 

You can also continue to bid higher, moving up by $5's using re-bidding. I do think that a 4.5 in those areas is probably going to take closer to your desired max and, depending on zone, possibly a tad over.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we would be happy to offer further suggestions. Additionally, please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Would you have any interest in this 4.5* ESB hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $216/nite with:

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be the Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, which gets good reiews and is close to two different subway lines (the 4/6 to go North/South along the east side and the N/Q/R which runs along Broadway)

I'm also seeing the Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York for $263/nite and the Omni Berkshire Place fro $279/nite, should either of these be of interest (but from a value point of view i think the ESB property above is a better option.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us  know your thoughts (or how it goes if you take the offer above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]