Priceline Hotel: 5* New York City (Chelsea) The Nomad Hotel

griffpitt
By griffpitt,
in

Looking for hotel for wife and me in NYC Fri-Sun Labor Day on HOTWIRE.  Any help on the below is appreciated:

$188 4* Union Square - Flatiron - FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Internet access

$197 4* - Empire St Bldg - FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

$201 4.5* - Lower East Side - East Village - FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

$202 4* - Theater District - Midtown West - FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

$209 4* - World Trade Center - Wall Street - FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Many thanks!

Best guess/comments for each:

$188 4* Union Square - Flatiron

==> not certain, but the Redbury New York would be my best guess for this one

$197 4* - Empire St Bldg

==> The Court - A St Giles Hotel

$201 4.5* - Lower East Side - East Village

==> Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York

$202 4* - Theater District - Midtown West

==> Yotel - Times Square

$209 4* - World Trade Center - Wall Street

==> Club Quarters Wall Street

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

sorry, can you guess/comment on these?

$196 4* Central Park South - Free Internet, Suite, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Kitchenette, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

$190 4* Midtown East - Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Spa services

$211 4.5* Grand Central - Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Airport shuttle, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Many thanks!

As noted in your previous thread, i'm very familiar with NYC... if you let us know exactly what it is that you're looking for in a hotel for this stay, and your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes), we can pick out the best options that meet your needs for this trip.

What is your objective in a hotel for this stay?  What don't you like about the offers above (so we get a better sense of your likes/dislikes in hotels)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok.  I am looking for a hotel for my wife and me for Fri and Sat night.  don't want to be around times square - too busy.  but other than that, i am not super picky about location, since getting around nyc is pretty easy.  having said that, we are going to the us open tennis on sat so somewhere near the subway to get out there is helpful, but not required.  i like boutique hotels.  i like the indigo, but i don't think its available anymore.  i liked the look of the redbury, but reviews were quite mixed.  yotel didn't appeal to me, not sure why...seems like the rooms are cruise ship size.  I'd love to pay in the $190-ish range, but could go up to about $210/215 for something really nice. 

does this help?

The only thing i'm currently seeing near your $190 target is a 4* HOTWIRE MTE property with Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis, Spa, but the amenities are too common for this area that i don't have any insight into narrowing down this property.

I believe this 4.5* Lower East Side hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $217/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> is likely the Hotel Indigo

Why not the St Giles The Court given that it would be convenient to the 7 Train to get to the US Open?

Ah, I missed the St giles the first time.  i'm not sure it's showing up again...do you see it?  If I can find that, I'll book it...might this be it at a slightly different price point?

$195 4* World Trade Center - Free Internet, Business center, Fitness center, Restaurant(s)

or

$200 4* World Trade Center - Free Internet, Airport shuttle, Boutique hotel, Restaurant(s), In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

or this looks good (?Redbury again?)

$202 4.5* Union Square Flatiron - FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I guess I am not sure how the bidding site is working?  I am getting different listings for the Easy View vs regular view...thought they should be the same?

Anyway, if you could reply on the above, i'd appreciate it.  Otherwise, I will book in the next few hours and post what I got.

Thanks!

Not sure of the two above, but i stopped looking as when i was researching i came across this:

5* Chelsea hotel (as always, confirm your dates on the landing page) for $210/nite with:

Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> my guess for this one would be The NoMad Hotel

Does this work for you?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to pick up a great deal at this property and you're looking forward to your arrival.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Priceline Express Hotel List with the amenity set for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

48 minutes ago, mcducky said:

Wow how do I find that rate ???

Rates are date specific... the OP's dates are over a holiday weekend vs. your dates of 10/15-10/19 which are in the middle of peak season.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]