Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Union Square - Flatiron) The Redbury New York (Formerly Martha Washington)

deebee11
By deebee11,
in

Hi - was looking at your calendar of wins and spotted one around my travel time that scored a 4* Doubletree for $100. Amazing! 

Have you heard of any more deals like that? I'm there for three nights, Nov. 2-5, and I'm flexible about location. I've been to NY many times before and know my way around and am comfortable with the subway. Central would be ideal, but not mandatory. 

I realize that the NYC Marathon is happening the weekend I leave, so I think it's a popular time (although I'm leaving the day before the marathon, so it's not quite as bad). 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - I've used your site before and it's great! 

At current rates i don't think you're going to see anything near the $100/nite level for your dates, but you can probably be in the  $140-$160 area for a 3.5* hotel if you're flexible on zone(s)... is the Lower East Side zone acceptable?  If so, which others?

What is the date of the $100 Doubletree win?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

5 hours ago, deebee11 said:

even downtown/wallstreet would be fine for the right price. 

Well we are going to suggest a strategy that goes up to $160/nite... at what price would you want to remove Downtown as an acceptable zone?

5 hours ago, deebee11 said:

Lower East Side is fine, would be happy with ESB, MSG, Central park South, UN

Note that the CPS zone contains the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards)... would this be an acceptable outcome?  Also, the UN zone has the One UN which is about a 15 minute walk to the subway, would this be acceptable?

Furthermore, are Times Square, Chelsea, ESB all not options?

Please confirm your zones and the pricing information above and we will advise accordingly.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 3.5* in the NYC are you have FOUR re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* LES, ESB, Chelsea...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $123, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MSG, CPS, TS...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $123, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* LES, ESB, MSG, CPS, TS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* LES, ESB, MSG, CPS, Chelsea...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* TS, Chelsea, LES, ESB, MSG...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $148, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* TS, Chelsea, LES, ESB, CPS...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $148, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* LES, ESB, MSG, CPS, TS, Chelsea...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $160

You can add 'Downtown' to any (or all) of the bids if the price is worth it to you to stay downtown.

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're unsure)

Good luck and let us now how it goes.

Hi! 

I was bidding higher and higher, no luck yet. So looked at Hotwire instead and found this one: 

"4-star Boutique Hotel in Union Square - Flatiron area" 

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Airport shuttle, Fitness center

80% recommended.

Any guesses on what hotel this might be? 

It says the price is $158/night, at 58% off. 

Good deal? 

10 hours ago, deebee11 said:

I was bidding higher and higher, no luck yet.

Did you bid the complete strategy above up to $160/nite?  If not, at what price did you stop?

I'm not currently seeing any 4* hotel at $158/nite in the Union Square zone on HOTWIRE when searching for your dates, are you still seeing this one on your own search?

I bought the HOTWIRE one (through your site). 

It was $156/night U.S. (or close, it converted to my currency) and it was the Redbury New York (formerly Martha Washington) in the Flatiron area, which I'm happy with. It looks good on the website, hopefully it's decent. 

Yes, I had been bidding up to $150 for 4*, but was getting alarmed at the taxes and extra hotel fees - this made it quite high. 

Also, I had separated my dates, just looking for the first two days because the Friday night seemed to be higher on the non-bidding sites. I was willing to move hotels once for the right price, but it was getting too high for the inconvenience of that. So when I saw what seemed to be a decent price for all three nights, I went for it. 

thanks for your help! 

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something that works well for your needs and budget and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board for your purchase and for sharing your win with the board, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]