Priceline Hotel: Requesting Toronto bidding strategy tips

schparrow
By schparrow,
in

Hey Better Bidding!

I'm interested in bidding for a room in Toronto (using your link of course) with the following details and am hoping for some bidding strategy help.

- 3* and up (would consider the 2* Super 8 Toronto but I checked their website and phoned and there's no availability there anyway for these dates)

- Downtown Southwest - Entertainment and Financial Districts
- Check Sept 16 - Check out Sept 18
- $75USD/nite target/wishful price (could be flexible up to $100USD/nite as a 'stretching my budget' upper limit)
- free wifi 

I've noticed the most recent posts in this area seem to be 3* or 3.5* for close to $100USD - just hoping to shave a little off of this if possible.  I've also noticed a lot of hotels in the area are sold out so I am keeping my expectations in check.

Thank you!

Given that the Super 8 is sold-out for this nite, and the very high prices i'm seeing at hotels that are available in the city, i assume there is some event taking place during this nite? (the Toronto Urban Roots Festival perhaps?)

Using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com (use the filters on the left side of the page and zoom in on the map)... what is the best rate you're able to find for a hotel that meets your needs in this area?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ahh - you are absolutely right, that's partially why I am going (Toronto Urban Roots Festival)

I've been looking through the MAPS and HOTELS.com link to get an idea of prices - so far anything I'd want is out of budget.

I'm going to start looking outward from downtown and consider other zones and may come back for some pointers after some thought.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

1 hour ago, schparrow said:

I've been looking through the MAPS and HOTELS.com link to get an idea of prices - so far anything I'd want is out of budget.

Right, the festival is bringing in higher than usual demand which in turn is causing higher than usual prices... so previous winning bids on other dates are not really applicable in this situation.  I had you go to MAPS and HOTELS.com to get an overview of pricing to see that $75 (or even $100) is not likely realistic based upon current prices.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed, or whatever you do end up doing for this trip, and we'll go from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Still on the hunt.

There's a 2.5 star in Downtown Toronto West area on Hotwire for $183/night that I am trying to identify.

There's no 2.5 star in the Better Bidding Hotwire Canada list in this region.

Amenities include free internet, condo, kitchenette, smoke free with options of 2 double beds or 2 queen beds.

There's a similarly priced 2* on Priceline which is Toronto Urban Suites - I have a suspicion this might be the same place but don't know if it's common for Priceline to have something as a 2* that Hotwire has as a 2.5*.

**Edit - I'm ready to up my bidding to $175.

I don't have any insight into the 2.5* property above.

If you're looking to move forward by bidding on PRICELINE up to $175, is this still for a 3* or better and the only acceptable zone is the 'Downtown Toronto Southwest - Entertainment & Financial Districts'?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]