Hotwire Hotel: New Delhi 5* Hotel - any idea?

MrB
By MrB,
in

Looking at a 5* star hotel in New Delhi, India for October 10 to 15 but same hotel would appear to also be available on many other (or almost all other) dates with similar amenities and at the moment is the only 5* listed when I check many future dates through to 2017, Hotwire reviews are positive with 85% recommending but this is based on only 5 reviews so suspect.  Tripadvisor rating is 4.5 stars (301-500 reviews).  Amenities shown are free internet, free parking, business centerPool(s)Restaurant(s)Self-service laundrySpa services.  Hotwire reviews give it 4.5 overall with similar or higher ratings in other categories except for location which is only 3.5.  Rate is US$37 with taxes and fees of US$24.77 which must be higher than usual due to rack rate on which taxes on based in Delhi plus the amount of Hotwire discount disclosed is almost 75% but I know this discount is not tied to this specific hotel so can be misleading but is a general indicator.  I am thinking this could be a good deal just not downtown as the Hotwire New Delhi area is fairly expansive.  I would have also thought that I could easily identify it through normal checks but nothing matching this one is coming up with a similar tripadvisor rating or # of reviews so could be a new listing and/or a non-chain hotel.  Can't seem to get it to come up in a combination package with either air or car but if new they may not be packaging it yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I would have thought this would be an easy one for me but it is not!

For clarify:

5* New Delhi for $37/nite with:

Restaurant, Pool, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Free Parking

I'm not certain, but the Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini would seem to be a very good fit (given its location on the outskirts of the zone) and has all the amenities listed... this would be my best guess for this HOTWIRE offer.

If this doesn't work for your needs, i will add i'm seeing what appears to be the The Jrd Luxury Boutique Hotel for $35/nite and the Tavisha Hotel for $55/nite... should either of these be of interest.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking the CP hotel myself as well but Hotwire gave me one of their book now notices indicating the last person got the Kempinski Ambience Hotel, so aside from the fact that hotel is no longer a Kempinski and is now a Leela hotel the location and other attributes would seem to fit this one.  The name change could also help explain why there were so few Hotwire reviews instead.  I understand that there is no guarantee this is the Leela and this could be any 5 star win not the one I am looking at but I think that would now be my guess.  Looking at the Leela it's a very well reviewed hotel but the location is not as convenient as even the more remote CP Rohini as that hotel at least had a metro station very close by.  I tend to prefer a metro and public transit to the hassle of dealing with cab drivers but Delhi might make me change my mind, we will see.  Thanks again and will post what I end up doing. 

Thanks for keeping us updated on what you decide.

The "Last Person Got" message is not necessarily the underlying hotel, it's just the last hotel that someone got at that star rating in that zone (so the service saying it's a particular hotel is not a reliable indicator that it's actually that hotel.)

Definitely keep us updated with what you decide and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 3 weeks later...

Continuing to monitor HOTWIRE as I get closer to my date of stay.  Disclosed amenities are now missing the high speed internet and the Hotwire guest rating for location is now 4.2 instead of 3.5 and sometimes I see the location rating as high as 4.7 for same date but everything else including price, tripadvisor ratings and the # of guest reviews (5) is the same.  When I search different dates I no longer see the earlier hotel with the 3.5 hotwire location guest rating no matter what date I search and it was common throughout the schedule when I was searching before.  When I saw the 4.7 location rating I thought this was a different and better located hotel and got excited but I am now doubting that conclusion.  Are Hotwire guest ratings really that variable or random that the location rating can vary from 3.5 to 4.7 with no change in # of reviews? 

I totally understand the "last person got" limitation which by the way is still the "no longer in existence" Kempinski Ambiance which makes me think there are not a lot of Hotwire users for Delhi.  Just strange the variability in their own disclosed guest ratings.

I can't say why it is what you are observing, but we have at times seen the user review percentages change from one search to the next for the same hotel, so it would not surprise me of 'internal factors' (cleanliness,location, etc) can fluctuate as well, even without the number of reviews changing (or maybe there is a glitch internally at HOTWIRE where the number of reviews is not updating do to the name change).

There are a lot of factors that could potentially explain the above, but i don't see much value in researching or explaining them all... are you ready to book your hotel room now?  Is the current offer of interest?  If not, what about the previous offers linked in my original reply to this thread?  If not those either, what is it that you are looking for in a hotel for this trip? (and what is your maximum budget, per nite before fees/taxes)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

I ended up not booking but have kept an eye on Hotwire for a possible future trip to Delhi thanks in part to their non-stop automated notifications of new deals in locations you have previously searched for.  For others searching for Delhi I have now seen the Metropolitan Hotel & Spa disclosed as a recent win in the 5* category in addition to the Kempinski / now Leela Ambiance.  I thought this additional information might be helpful to someone.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]