Hotwire Hotel: New York City 9/28 - 10/2 3.5-4*

VolFanInGa
By VolFanInGa,
in

Good morning -  We are planning to take our daughter to NYC to visit the American Girl Store for her birthday.  We are looking for a hotel in the Midtown/Time Square area ideally, but really anywhere in Manhattan would work.  I am looking for a 3.5 -4* that offers 2 beds and is clean.  Current budget is $240 all in per night.

Thanks in Advance. 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

18 hours ago, VolFanInGa said:

offers 2 beds

If one 'bed' was a pullout sofabed or a rollaway brought into the room, would this be acceptable?

To confirm, are you 2adults/1child? (also, how old is your daughter?)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The issue is that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and the property may not be able (or willing) to accommodate your request for a room with two beds; this is less of a risk in a city like Orlando that is accustomed to catering to families and they have a high percentage of rooms that can accommodate quad occupancy vs. a city like NYC where space is at a premium, rooms are typically smaller than you will find in most other locations throughout the country, and rooms with 2 beds are often considered an upgrade (and cost more) than a 'standard' room with only one bed.

HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy and guarantees accommodations for everyone that you include in your search, but as per above, searching for more than double occupancy (in NYC) will often increase the price vs. when searching for only double occupancy.

You can decide how much risk you're willing to accept (ie- booking for only double occupancy but showing up with four guests), but if looking to ensure accommodations for everyone in your family i think you're likely looking at the $285+ range for something at the 4* level.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks - I came across this hotel in Midtown east neighborhood. Is there a good way to search by amenities to narrow down the property name? Seems like a good deal, but I don't want to find myself near a neighborhood that the wife is not comfortable walking in with all of us after dark.

4* Midtown East

$217 for a King or $230 for 2 doubles. 

Free Internet

Airport shuttle, Business center, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Spa services, Tennis nearby

The note on Hotwire says the last person got the Renwick.

The "Last person got ___" information shown on the HOTWIRE page is in reference to the last person who bought a hotel of this star rating in the zone, not necessarily the underlying hotel currently being offered.

I'm not currently seeing this property when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing this on your own search?

If so, how many rooms/adults/children are you searching for?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]