Hotwire Hotel: SFO Airport hotel needed Oct 16

sabrina2015
By sabrina2015,
in

I need a hotel near the SFO airport for one night for a flight the next am.   Will be returning a rental car.  

I'm not familiar with the airport so don't know where to stay - north or south of the airport -  if I have a choice.

Would like a 4* but don't know what price to start to bid as there aren't many wins at airport hotels listed.

All suggestions welcome.

I've bid on hotels infrequently but for this one night think it's worth trying.

Let us know your maximum budget (before fees/taxes) for this trip and we'll be in a better position to advise accordingly.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I should have asked this question on the Priceline site as Hotwire does state a price (I think)

I can get a 4* on Priceline without bidding for $179 a night without taxes but am trying to get a much better price such as $100.  So I'm more interested in paying no more than $125.

I'm asking what to bid on a 4* or at least let me know if $100 is unreasonable for a 4* at the airport on a Sunday night in the fall.

I don't want to overbid.  I could start at $99 on Priceline and if I get anything in a 4*.   I  

On Hotline I found a 3* that I thought was Bay Landing as that would be a 3* I would consider.   Description doesn't seem to match exactly any 3* listed on Hotwire.

Free parking  Free breakfast  Free Internet   Airport shuttle   Smoke free rooms   Fitness center Business center  Self service laundry.

At currently prices i think you're likely looking at the $120-$140 range for a 4* hotel in the Airport zone on PRICELINE.

For the HOTWIRE offer above (please include the price in your future posts as it makes it easier for us to locate the same hotel among the offers when we replicate your search) i believe there are more amenities associated with this property as HOTWIRE does not show the complete set of amenities unless you use the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool and click the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button next to the offer.

Using the method above this is the amenity set i'm seeing for the 3* SFO - Burlingame hotel on HOTWIRE priced at $120/nite:

Shuttle, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Free Parking, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

==> if this is what you're seeing, my guess for this property would be the Millwood Inn and Suites which gets very good reviews (4.5/5.0 TA rating)

Does this HOTWIRE offer work for your needs, and if so, do you want to take this or try bidding for a 4* thru PRICELINE (and if the latter, what maximum bid would you want to use given this acceptable $120 offer?)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]