Hotwire Hotel: 5* New York City (Central Park South) Viceroy New York

faufau
By faufau,
in

Hiiii,

Please help me figure out which hotel this is, i am traveling with my husband to NYC for the first time, we are very excitedd!

Star: 5* hotel

Area: Central Park South, NYC

Date: 12/20 - 12/27

Rate: US$216 exclude tax

Amenities: Business center, Fitness center, Internet access, Restaurant(s)

Overall satisfaction: 4.5

Please help mee, I would want to make this trip a memorable one, we are a newlywed and it would be our first Christmas :)

Thank you so much!

Actually I am contemplating between staying at Central Park South area or Times Square North, or is Empire State area is better? The deals for 5* hotels are similar, I am more concern on which hotel I'd be ended up staying.

Rate: US$201 exclude tax

Amenities: FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Area: Empire State Building

Rate: US$192 exclude tax

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

I don't want to go beyond $220++ per night, please advise :)

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best guess/comments for each:

Rate: US$201 exclude tax

==> possibly the Viceroy New York

==> Refinery hotel

==> not seeing this property on a current search

There are some great deals at the 4.5* levels as well.  What i believe to be:

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel for $130/nite (location is not that great for average tourist, but hotel gets great reviews, and price is right (but realize you're making a trade-off between price and location))

Omni Berkshire for $157/nite

Any of the above (either the 5* or 4.5* hotels) of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, 

Thanks for your detailed reply.

I found another deal on Priceline, 

Area: Downtown Wallstreet

Rate: US$221 exclude tax

Is this Conrad / Ritz Carlton? Cause I can't find any other 5* hotels around that area.

I am contemplating between taking the Downtown Wallstreet (since it's Conrad / Ritz possibly) or the Central Park one. Any suggestion?

Please confirm the amenities with the Downtown listing.

Additionally, from a purely location standpoint, I'd much rather the Central Park one. Personally, I wouldn't even be considering the Downtown one, especially for a higher rate and this stay being in Winter (so I'd rather be more centrally located.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi!

i bought the Central Park deal! :D

And we got Viceroy :))) i personally aimed it to be 1 Hotel or Quin Hotel, but I'm happy with Viceroy as well!

But I accidentally saw on tripadvisor, the rate for the same dates and same hotel at tripadvisor is the same with the deal I just bought! It made me think that I didn't get a good deal at all :( is this common?

Thanks, appreciate your speedy response :)

Congratulations on your success!

Not sure why you expected The Quin or the 1 Hotel given that above we guessed this to be the Viceroy, but glad to see it was the hotel guessed and that you're pleased wtih the results.  I'm currently seeing this property priced at $254/nite for your dates.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]