Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park) Omni Berkshire Place

Heygirl1
By Heygirl1,
in

I'm new to this forum and am looking for advice for a hotel in nyc. details below: 

dates: 14-17 Jan 

preferably 4-5 star hotel 

budget: $155 usd per night 

location: prefer to stay around union square, flatiron district, soho, east village or TriBeCa. But willing to stay pretty much anywhere in Manhattan  except upper east/upper west side or Wall Street/financial district. 

Wondering when would be the best time to book? Should I wait till closer to the travel time? Do you think I can find something in this price range? 

Welcome to Betterbidding.

January through early March is one of the slowest periods of the year in NYC. While $155 may just get you a 5* (although it may not be quite enough), given your budget you could easily get a 4* and there are a number of 4* options under $100 on HOTWIRE, as well as a number of 4.5* options under $150.

Would you rather:

* Bid? If so, would you rather push towards the top of your budget for a 5* or go possibly well under your budget for a 4*?

* Use HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS? While slightly-to-moderately more expensive than bidding, you can try to potentially get something more to your liking while bidding means you have to be willing to accept any hotel at the star rating picked in the zone chosen. If you want to go the HOTWIRE/PRICELINE EXPRESS route, are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel (style, etc?)

Let us know more about which option sounds more appealing and then we can go from there and offer further suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for responding! We don't have a specific style in mind just somewhere nice preferably with rooms that are a decent size and close to a subway. Trying for a 5 star sounds amazing and we would be willing to push the budget a bit for that. I read somewhere that you get better deals closer to time of travel? When I find a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE deal that we like I will post it for thoughts on what hotel it might be. 

I read somewhere that you get better deals closer to time of travel?

Nope... sometimes that is the case; sometimes not.

I'm currently seeing what appears to be The New York Edition offered for $185/nite for your dates... would this be worth increasing your budget and locking in this deal now?

At the 4.5* level i'm also seeing:

The Premier Hotel Times Square for $129/nite

Even Hotel New York Times Square South for $138/nite (one of the top 10 rated hotels in city right now)

Omni Berkshire (although slight chance of the Sofitel) for $145/nite

Any of the above work for your needs and worth locking in at this time?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, upgrades can happen thru PRICELINE and HOTWIRE (just as there are 'horror stories' from those who have booked direct as well), but it's not something that should be counted on or relied upon as it really depends upon a lot of factors (hotel occupancy, how many different rooms classes the hotel has, how much the hotel typically charges for an upgrade to the next room category, mood of the front desk person, etc)

Did you want to move forward in trying to target the Omni? (which i'm currently seeing at $131/nite and you would be able to use the discount link/code in my signature for some additional savings)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]